The 2017 General Election has now taken place and we’ve been delighted to take an active role in proceedings.
The competition is now closed but our Sunderland South Election Speed Count mini-game is still available to play for fun!
Between Thursday 1 June and Friday 9 June 2017 we handed out free bets to our top five daily players with an incredible £50 free bet on offer to the person posting the highest score.
Plus, we also gave £25 free bets on offer for second place and £10 for third to fifth places with a total of 40 winners crowned!
Click here for the latest Politics odds and see below for the small print.
Why Sunderland South?
The constituency of Houghton and Sunderland South (formerly just Sunderland South until combined with Houghton and Washington East in 2010) is synonymous with super-fast vote counts, having previously been the first seat to declare in each of the five previous elections before 2017.
And the Wearside vote counters need YOUR help to process the thousands of ballot papers in front of them.
What are you waiting for?
Tap and click your way to a place on our leaderboard!
Full Terms and Conditions:
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the Ladbrokes ‘Sunderland South Election Speed Count’ competition (the “Competition”). You must agree to these Terms as a condition of entering the Competition. By entering the Competition you agree that you have read, understood and accepted all of these Terms.
2. The promoter of the Competition LC International Limited (registered in Gibraltar with company number 46808, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, PO Box199, Gibraltar (“Ladbrokes”, “we” “us” or “our”).
3. The Competition opens at 11.00AM BST on 1 June 2017 and closes at 11.00AM BST on 9 June 2017 (“Competition Period”).
4. In order to enter the competition, during the Competition Period you must:
a. Create a Ladbrokes account at https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb if you do not already have one.
b. Go to the game page at https://news.ladbrokes.com/politics/election-game-sunderland-speed-count.html.
c. Before playing the game, enter the email address associated with your Ladbrokes Sports account as well as your name when prompted.
d. Play the embedded ‘Sunderland South Election Speed Count’ game (the “Game”). You must enter your email address and name. (an “Entry”)
5. No purchase is necessary in order to participate in the game/Competition.
6. There is no limit on the number of times you can play the Game.
7. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition you must:
a. Be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry
b. Enter with an the email address associated with your Ladbrokes account. If you don’t have a Ladbrokes account, one can be created within 24 hours of your initial play.
c. Reside in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland; and
d. Not be an employee of Ladbrokes or its affiliated companies, or their families, Ladbrokes’ agents, contractors, consultants or anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
8. By entering this Competition, you consent to your name being displayed on the Game’s leaderboard.
9. There will be a twenty-four (24) hour gameplay session on each day of the Competition Period which will open at 11:00AM BST (each “Competition Day”).
10. A player (uniquely identified by their Ladbrokes account) can only win once during the entire Competition Period.
11. The prizes will be awarded in accordance with paragraphs 11 to 16.
12. The people who hold the Top Five (5) scores in each competition day will be the winners (each a “Winner”). The prizes to be awarded to the Winners are as follows:
a. The Winner with the highest score on each Competition Day will win a £50 free bet to be used on the Sports tab of the Ladbrokes website.
b. The Winner with the second highest score on each Competition Day will win a £25 free bet to be used on the Sports tab of the Ladbrokes website.
c. The Winners with the third, fourth and fifth highest scores on each Competition Day will win a £10 free bet to be used on the Sports tab of the Ladbrokes website.
d. Free bets terms and conditions can be found at https://www.ladbrokes.com/tc/SSElectionFreeBet/.
13. All expenses related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner is advised that tax implications may arise and should seek independent tax advice prior to accepting the prize.
14. Ladbrokes will attempt to contact the Winner via the email address that was used to create their Ladbrokes account, within 72 hours after the applicable Competition Day.
15. To claim the prize, the Winner must within 72 hours of Ladbrokes’ first attempted communication with the Winner pursuant to paragraph 13, respond to Ladbrokes in the manner instructed by Ladbrokes and provide upon request:
a. Their Ladbrokes account details.
b. Any other information, documents or acknowledgments requested by Ladbrokes.
16. If the Winner does not claim, collect and/or receive the prize and/or fails to provide all necessary documentation or information upon request in accordance with paragraph 14, that Winner will forfeit the prize in which event Ladbrokes may retain or reallocate the prize at Ladbrokes’ absolute discretion.
17. Ladbrokes is not responsible for the Winner’s failure to receive the communication set out at paragraph 13 whether through any error or transmission of this notification or for any other reason.
18. Ladbrokes’ decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these Terms) and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Except in respect of death and personal injury caused by Ladbrokes’ own negligence, Ladbrokes limits its liability for any losses of any nature to the fullest extent permitted by law, which has been suffered or incurred by the Winners or Competition entrants as a direct or indirect result of accepting the prizes and participating in the Competition.
20. Ladbrokes is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of any element of the prizes or for any inability of any Winner to take up the prize. The Winners accept the prizes at their own risk.
21. Ladbrokes reserves the right at any time to substitute alternative prizes of the same or higher value.
22. Ladbrokes reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the Competition for operational, commercial or any other reason whatsoever. Ladbrokes also reserves the right to change the rules and/or structure of the Competition at its sole discretion. Further, Ladbrokes reserves the right to disqualify any entry which it deems, at its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the Competition or these Terms.
23. Entrants must not carry out or participate in any behaviour, correspondence or public communications that are deemed in the sole discretion of Ladbrokes to be inappropriate. Ladbrokes reserves the right to disqualify anyone who breaches these Terms.
24. Ladbrokes reserves the right to publish the name and county of each Winner on the Ladbrokes website and/or in any postal communications. The name and county of the Winners will be available on request by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to SEO department, Ladbrokes Betting & Gaming Limited, Imperial House, Imperial Drive, Rayners Lane, Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 7JW Tel: +44 (0) 20 8868 8899 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8868 8767.
25. By participating in this Competition you agree to participate in publicity, marketing and advertising in relation to the Competition including, if requested, your name, general location, image and photographs being used in any and all media on dates and at locations specified by Ladbrokes.
26. By entering into this Competition, the Winners:
c. Agree to be interviewed, photographed, recorded and agree to be available for interviewing, photography, recording and for other public relations and promotional activities associated with this Competition as requested by Ladbrokes.
d. Consent to their name, photograph and likeness being recorded, reproduced, published, copied, communicated and otherwise used by Ladbrokes for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes through any media, including the Internet, any television programme, video recording, or printed or electronic materials throughout the world, in perpetuity, and without the need for any reward or compensation; and
e. Agree that all copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in any recording or photographs taken by Ladbrokes relating to the Competition or your participation in the Competition will be owned by Ladbrokes.
27. By entering this Competition, you consent to providing Ladbrokes and any other suppliers connected to the Competition, with your full name and e-mail address. You accept that Ladbrokes may pass this information on to other relevant third parties such as security and any governmental or public authorities either as required by law or regulation or if required by such other bodies.
28. Ladbrokes shall also use the data you provide when entering the Competition for the purposes of administering this Competition and by entering this Competition you consent to such use. Participants’ personal data relating to the Competition will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
29. Ladbrokes will not be held liable to any entrant or Winner for any fraud committed by any third party.
30. Ladbrokes is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition.
31. These Terms take effect immediately on your entry to the Competition. If these Terms are not accepted in full then you should not enter the Competition.
32. Ladbrokes reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time. All entry and/or participation instructions form part of these Terms.
33. If any of these paragraphs should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining paragraphs shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
34. These Terms are governed by English law. Any disputes arising out of, under, or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
35. For any query related to these Terms, please contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 032 1133 (or +350 200 43003 if dialling from outside the UK).
36. PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. For more information and advice please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing