The Premier League’s festive period kicks off at Vicarage Road this Boxing Day, where Watford will be hoping to knock some more stuffing out of a Crystal Palace side who’ve endured a tough calendar year.
Alan Pardew paid the price for taking just 26 points from 36 Premier League games in 2016, a run that’s left the Eagles one point and one place above the drop zone.
And despite moving fast to appoint Sam Allardyce as Pardew’s successor, even that tonic won’t be enough to halt the south Londoners’ slide.
Walter Mazzarri’s charges are ticking along nicely in mid-table. Indeed, victory in the lunchtime kick-off would move the Hornets into eighth position.
And at 7/5, plenty will fancy the hosts to defeat a side who have already conceded 19 times on the road this season.
The visitor’s saving grace has been an ability to score goals, and impressively, only the sides occupying the top five have netted more than the Eagles
So it may make plenty of sense to back Watford to win and both teams to score at 15/4.
10 of Palace’s 17 games and nine of the Hornets have seen over 2.5 goals, which looks appealing at Evens.
Sometimes dispensing with a manager can inspire a club in their next few games, but that seems unlikely here.
The hosts have only lost one of their last six home games, and Palace head to Vicarage Road having not kept a clean sheet away from home since this very day a year ago. How times change.
PLUS, Having a bet on the big Boxing Day curtain-raiser?
Bet £20 in-play on Watford v Everton and receive a FREE in-play £10 bet on Liverpool v Stoke.
Full Terms & Conditions:
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Watford v Crystal Palace (KO 12:30) on Monday 26th December at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free in-play bet of £/€10 to redeem on Liverpool v Stoke (Tuesday 27th Decemmber, KO 17:15).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Watford v Crystal Palace which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Liverpool v Stoke.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on Liverpool v Stoke on Tuesday 27th December.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing