TheODDSbible’s Transfer Deadline Day Best Bets
Harry Redknapp is waxing his car window, Peter Odemwingie is organising his packed lunch, your mum’s auntie’s best friend’s cousin heard a rumour about *insert player* and countless footballers who the majority of us only know from our favourite computer games have been spotted at airports we’ve never heard of.
That’s right – it’s Transfer Deadline Day.
We love Deadline Day here in TheODDSbible office, so we have teamed up with Ladbrokes to make sure you have all of the breaking news, latest odds and best bets throughout the day.
Make sure you’re following Ladbrokes’ Deadline Day activity and TheODDSbible Twitter feed to get involved.
So, it’s safe to assume most of the big business has already been done, with a staggering half of the Premier League’s twenty clubs breaking their transfer record and Paul Pogba’s move to Manchester United breaking the world transfer record. But there’s still plenty to get excited about.
Chelsea are still scouring Europe looking for a top defender, Jack Wilshere looks set to leave Arsenal and Leicester are linked with a couple of big money moves.
Plus, y’know, Hull need to buy basically an entire squad.
With that last point in mind, one of our bets of the day is going to have to be on Hull to be the most active side on Deadline Day at a generous 7/2.
I think West Brom may run them close at 6/1 while Sunderland look to have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals and as such are 7/4. But we really can’t see past a Hull squad that started the season with just 13 senior players available.
Another interesting market is ‘club to sign the last player’ where, again, Hull are the favourites given the fact they’re probably going to sign the most players.
An interesting one here though is Chelsea, as we have a feeling they’re going to be struggling to bring in the aforementioned defender right up until the end of the day. At 16/1, they’re a really decent value bet.
In our opinion, the two biggest bankers of the day, by a considerable distance, both involve Arsenal.
You can get 1/4 on Arsene Wenger not bringing in any more players after confirming Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez yesterday evening, which looks like printing money.
Enjoy an enormous 3/1 on Wilshere signing for another club on Deadline Day, enhanced from 1/50 exclusively through Ladbrokes and TheODDSbible.*
With Mesut Ozil, Granit Xhaka, Aaron Ramsey, Santi Cazorla, Francis Coquelin and Mohamed Elneny all fighting for a place in the central three of Arsenal’s midfield, it looks like Wilshere’s playing time would be slim to none if he were to stay, so 3/1 is a crazy price if you don’t already have an account.
Get on it before it’s gone!
1. New Ladbrokes Digital customers: Simply register today, deposit a minimum of £/€5, and then place your first bet as a single bet of up to £/€10 on Jack Wilshere to sign for another club (on loan or permanent) before 23:59 on 31st August 2016.
2. Bets placed in accordance with the terms and conditions will be eligible for the enhanced odds of3/1. Maximum one qualifying bet per customer.
3. This offer is available from 08:00 Wednesday 31st August, for a limited time only.
4. Ladbrokes may withdraw the promotion at any time.
5. If the bet loses, we will refund your stake up to £/€10 as a free bet, paid into your account within 24 hours.
- 6. The offer is not available through Telebetting, Text Betting, Ladbrokes Exchange, or in Ladbrokes shops.
- 7. We cannot accept new customers from, or offer this promotion in, certain countries – see here for Restricted Territories.
- 8. Winning bets will be settled at the standard price and the additional winnings from the enhanced price paid into your account within 24 hours. The extra winnings will be paid in Free Bet tokens, in £/€ or currency equivalent.
*Click here for full Terms and Conditions
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.