On Saturday afternoon, Old Trafford will play host to one of the biggest games in the domestic calendar year. That’s right, it’s Manchester United v Arsenal – what a way to kick things off after the international break.
So, while we’re now just a day away from kick-off, we thought we’d provide you with all the stats you need to know before you get your betting caps on.
So sit back, grab a brew and let Ladbrokes News walk you through our top bets for the game.
Expect plenty of goals…
In their last 10 Premier League meetings, United and Arsenal have found the net on 32 occasions combined.
That’s 3.2 goals-per-game, meaning there’s certainly some value in the 10/11 for there to be over 2.5 scored in Saturday’s match.
…and both sides should find the net
Of those 10 games, both sides have scored on seven occasions.
You’d have to go back seven years to find the last time United failed to score against Arsenal at home (full stop) Throw into the mix the fact that the Gunners have failed to find the net just once on the road this season and you can expect both goalkeepers to be busy.
It’s 4/6 for Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger’s men to both score.
History books suggest a feisty affair is on the cards
Simply put, the disciplinary record in this tie is appalling.
Perhaps it’s the huge occasion that brings it out of the players, but in their last 10 meetings, a referee has pulled a yellow card out of his pocket a whopping 53 times.
Add to that the two times a Gunner has seen red in that time, and we wouldn’t be surprised if someone is sent their marching orders.
9/4 says a red card is shown.
The key to winning? Take the lead before half-time
It’s no secret that there’s drama all over this fixture. But, rather surprisingly, whatever the result is at half-time, that tends to be how the game finishes.
That’s been the case, at least, in the last 10 league meetings between the pair, with six of the clashes finishing with the team leading after 45 minutes going on to take all three points. In those respective clashes, the game has been level at the interval and gone on to finish a draw on two occasions.
While the Gunners dominated from the word go at the Emirates last season, the Red Devils went in at half-time with the lead and held on for three vital points in the reverse fixture, and it’s 10/3 for Mourinho’s men to repeat that this weekend.
There’s value in an early United lead
In recent seasons, it’s Man United who’ve stamped their authority early on in this game, at least that’s certainly been the case on home soil.
If you’re a Gooner and you’re reading this, you’ll want to look away now, as the Red Devils have led this tie after 30 minutes in the last five league matches at Old Trafford.
That means United fans could cash in on the 3/1 on offer for their side to be ahead after the half-hour mark in Saturday’s game.
Bet £20 In-Play on Man United v Arsenal and get a free £10 In-Play Bet on Middlesbrough v Chelsea!*
Mobile or Tablet only. Minimum odds of 1/2. See below for full Terms and Conditions.
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more IN-PLAY on Manchester United v Arsenal (KO 12:30) on Saturday 19th November at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free IN-PLAY bet of £/€10 to redeem on Middlesbrough v Chelsea (Sunday 20th November, KO 16:00).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Manchester United v Arsenal which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Middlesbrough v Chelsea.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in play bet on Middlesbrough v Chelsea on Sunday 20th November.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing