After months of blood, sweat, tears and some occasionally accurate tipping, it’s time to sort the men from the boys and crank up the excitement as we head into the semi-final stage of our ‘Take on the Professor’ challenge.
Granted, we should probably come up with a different title now as The Prof has gone, leaving us with four of the world’s leading Premier League predictors. Well, of those fans who were lucky enough to be chosen by us.
This Saturday’s clash between Stoke and Southampton is the focus of the first semi-final with Potters diehard @JohnShaw85 (just John Shaw to his mates) and Saints supremo @GangleMan (Nick Whitcher) facing-off against each other.
They’ve, err, both gone with eerily similar predictions so it looks like it could be pretty nip-and-tuck.
Shame on you @GangleMan, backing against your own team?!
Here’s how it’s all shaping-up…
So, will some Xherdan Shaqiri magic break the deadlock? Will the corner count break into double figures?
The Professor says: “Stoke appear to have recovered from their mid-season blip, going four unbeaten in the League with three victories in that sequence. Meanwhile, you could argue that Ronald Koeman’s Saints are going the opposite way following a run of two defeats and a home draw with Sunderland. The Potters were narrow 1-0 victors in the reverse fixture and I can see a repeat outcome at odds of 6/1.
What do you reckon? Let us know your thoughts via @Ladbrokes!
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– Scores will be settled based on the pre-match odds given directly before kick-off of the stated game.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.