We’ve had to be patient, but finally we can see just where Manchester City and Chelsea are really at, when the two title protagonists clash at the Etihad.
Liverpool may split the sides in the standings, but it’s one of Pep Guardiola or Antonio Conte who many expect to lift the Premier League table in May.
City haven’t won at home since mid-September, seeing each of Everton, Southampton and Middlesbrough leave Manchester with a point since then.
And now they must host a Chelsea team in blistering form, with the west Londoners winning each of their last seven.
Only Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen has managed to net past Thibaut Courtois in that spell, although the Blues’ defence has yet to face Sergio Aguero this term.
The Argentine sits top of the this season’s goalscorer’s standings with 11, alongside Blues ace Diego Costa.
Between them the pair’s 20 goals are more than 15 Premier League sides can boast, and it’s 8/13 both teams score in the Saturday lunch-time kick-off.
While Chelsea may own the form books, they were humbled 3-0 in both league meetings last year, and have only won two of the last nine league contests.
So City have the history and Chelsea have the form, which all points towards the draw.
With so much attacking talent on show, we haven’t even mentioned Kevin de Bruyne and Eden Hazard yet, the 11/1 on a 0-0 looks unlikely.
This should be a thrilling encounter. We’ve had to wait many months, but Guardiola versus Conte is here and it’s not to be missed.
Plus, having a bet on the big Saturday lunch-time game?
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Man City v Chelsea (KO 12:30) on Saturday 3rd December at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free in-play bet of £/€10 to redeem on Bournemouth v Liverpool (Sunday 4th December, KO 13:30).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Man City v Chelsea which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Bournemouth v Liverpool.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on Bournemouth v Liverpool on Sunday 4th December.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing