Leicester v Man United
It’s been a topsy-turvy top-four race, and it all comes to a head on Sunday.
I think Man United will have enough to beat Leicester. The Foxes run since lockdown has been very poor and United have the momentum in this game. They have the better players and they are on a better run of form, albeit their last result wasn’t what they wanted.
I know David De Gea was subject to a lot of criticism after the last game but on the balance, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a quality goalkeeper going through a bad spell and that’s the way I look at it.
He has signed a new contract and a long contract at that, so you just have to stick with him. I don’t know what he’s like in training but he is world class and he will come back to form. Give him time to get through this spell. It doesn’t help by magnifying it and really criticising him.
As long as he is doing the right things behind the scenes and is a positive influence around the club, I think you have to stick with him.
Manchester United only require a draw with Leicester but I fancy them to win 2-1.
Prediction: 1-2 Man United Win
Chelsea v Wolves
I think everyone knows by now that I have a soft spot for Wolves. They are just full of positivity and they will be vying to end the season on a high.
Chelsea seemed a bit stressed against Liverpool during the week and it’s unusual to see them like that.
I think Frank Lampard has had a very good first season at Chelsea and given he wasn’t allowed to sign players, he has got the best out of the squad he has. It looks like they will be spending plenty of money in the transfer window so next season will be a big one for him.
For this game, I think Wolves will put it up to them but Chelsea will be professional enough to win the game.
Prediction: 2-1 Chelsea Win
Aston Villa v West Ham
Villa have taken a big leap forward towards safety but it’s not settled yet.
West Ham have nothing to play for in this game so it’s a good one for Villa to end with. I do think the table will remain the same as we see it now.
Although, watching the Championship the other night and how that swung in the 90 minutes, it wouldn’t surprise if Bournemouth were the ones to escape and the other two lose.
Nothing would surprise me anymore, but if I had to back a side to survive, I would stick with Villa.
That win against Arsenal was massive for their confidence and if they don’t beat a West ham team who have nothing to play for, then they don’t deserve to stay up. There is massive pressure going into this but they should be confident enough to win.
Prediction: Villa win
Watford v Arsenal
It has been impossible to predict what Arsenal will do this season. You think they are on a good run and then they go and lose to Aston Villa.
Any other team who change their manager with two games to go, you would think that they’re gone but not Watford. They are so used to changing managers, I don’t think it makes a difference.
They almost seem to get a boost from it and I don’t think it will affect them. It’s a hard game to call but I’m going to go with a Watford implosion and an Arsenal win.
Prediction: Arsenal 2-0.
Everton v Bournemouth
Bournemouth have achieved a couple of better results recently and they could be the surprise team this weekend and end up staying up. As I said earlier, it would not shock me.
Pressure games can change teams and the teams most likely to fail, end up turning their fortunes around. They probably don’t feel as much pressure as the other sides because psychologically, they’re thinking we are doomed so we can just go out and do our best and that can be dangerous.
However, if my money was on the line, I would be betting on Bournemouth to lose and the table to remain as it is.
Prediction: Everton win
Premier League Golden Boot
I think Jamie Vardy has the Golden Boot wrapped up and it’s a fantastic achievement for him. He’s had another unreal season and he is fully deserving of it.
However what a run Danny Ings has had; A superb comeback in his career between injury and leaving Liverpool.
You think it’s downhill from there but with Ings, he has come back with a bang and he’s a fantastic fella from what I hear. To come this close to winning the Golden Boot after the obstacles he’s faced is fantastic and I would love him to get it.
My 1-2-FREE Prediction
Leicester v Man United: 1-2 United
Chelsea v Wolves: 2-1 Chelsea
Newcastle v Liverpool: 0-3 Liverpool
My five-fold acca
Leicester v Man United: United win
Chelsea v Wolves: Chelsea win
Aston Villa v West Ham: Villa win
Watford v Arsenal: Arsenal win
Crystal Palace v Spurs: Palace win
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk