It is hard to know just how lockdown has impacted each club. It’s similar to when you come back for a new season and the first few games can be dull affairs.
That is all I can base this on and compare it to. There hasn’t been a lot of news coming out of training grounds; it’s all been very sparse.
I do think it will have a positive impact on the teams who were fighting to avoid relegation. It has given them a good break and they will return refreshed in an attempt to get themselves out of trouble.
From my experience, playing in an empty stadium just isn’t the same. You can hear everything around you and every comment being said.
When you play fifty games a season and your body is tired, it is the fans that get you through it. You really feel the electricity around the stadium and it really gets the adrenaline pumping when you come out onto the pitch. I suppose every team will be in the same boat though.
TOTTENHAM V MAN UNITED, FRIDAY 20.15
Before this game was postponed, Jose Mourinho was having a disaster and things seemed to be going in the same direction as they did at Old Trafford.
The players don’t seem to be happy with him, they’re not enjoying training and they weren’t getting results.
He’s had this break and is saying the right things but I can’t see anything changing for Spurs. To me, Mourinho has not been the same manager for a long time. Maybe the break will have done them good, but I think United will win this.
They seem in a much better place now and I can see them securing a Top Four finish. There have been positive vibes coming out of their camp, Fernandez is playing well and they’re talking about Pogba becoming the new No10.
Pogba is a world class player and if they can get him playing it would be a big boost. I think United will be one of the teams that finish the season very well.
Prediction: Man United win
ASTON VILLA V CHELSEA, SUNDAY 16:15
We have two contrasting sides here at the top and bottom end of the table. They both have a lot to play for but Chelsea are obviously the better team. Will the break have done Villa good? I think it might give them a fresh lease of life.
Their first game against Sheffield United is a big one for them first but I don’t think Chelsea will be taking their foot off the gas. Frank Lampard is an intelligent man and has done very well there. I think they will have too much for Villa.
Prediction: Chelsea win
EVERTON V LIVERPOOL, SUNDAY 19:00
Liverpool will want to end the season in style. They can officially win the title if they beat Everton and what a way to do it in a Merseyside Derby.
Everton always raise their game for this fixture so they won’t make it easy for Liverpool. It’s a great game to get them back into the swing of things.
I think Liverpool have been the biggest losers of lockdown. They have been waiting so long to win a title and when they do it officially, the buzz and the parade won’t be there.
However, they will be fired up here. There will be a huge relief that the league has resumed and that the title won’t be taken away from them. That should be enough to see them put in a winning performance.
Prediction: Liverpool win
Bournemouth v Palace – 1-1
Aston Villa v Chelsea – 1-2
Everton v Liverpool – 0-3
MY FOUR-FOLD ACCA
Everton v Liverpool: Liverpool win
Aston Villa v Chelsea: Chelsea win
Brighton v Arsenal: Brighton win
West Ham v Wolves: West Ham win
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk