Kevin Doyle on Man Utd’s future, Sheff Utd v Chelsea and Brighton v Man City
I don’t think Man City and Liverpool will be worried about Man United next season. That said, things have been much more positive, they’re going in the right direction, and I am enjoying watching them play.
They have some really good players and I think next season they will compete for a top two or three finish.
It wasn’t long ago when critics said it’ll take them ten years to rebuild and now after this winning streak, these opinions have turned around. Everyone has gone too far the other way though in thinking they can win the league next season.
I am loving what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is doing. He’s been given time and he comes across as a fantastic man. I think it will take him a couple of years to land the title. He is a young manager and still learning so he just needs a bit more time to get to that level.
What I am see is exciting. Young players who are scoring lots of goals and even the Pogba situation seems to have been sorted out. That is a massive deal because he is one of the best footballers in the world or at least he was. He is still young enough to recapture that form.
It’s like we are seeing the old Man United. I am a United fan, and I am very excited about the future.
Sheffield United v Chelsea, Saturday 17:30
I think this will be a tight game. Sheffield United have been playing really well and against the top teams too.
On a whole, they have enjoyed a great season. I thought they might struggle after lockdown but that hasn’t been the case and they had a great win again the other day against Wolves.
I have been impressed by Chelsea all along though and given they need these three points more than Sheffield United, I think they will win. The pressure will be on them to pull it out of the bag.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-1
Brighton v Manchester City, Saturday 20:00
This one is hard to call. I think at this stage Man City are just coasting along until the end of the season. They had that great win over Liverpool and it was their way of showing them that they are to be feared next season.
Brighton have had a couple of good results, they’re safe from relegation and it’s been a decent season for them so I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended in a draw. I think Brighton will be happy with how they have come out of lockdown.
Both teams will probably make a few changes and give a few of the younger players a chance to shine now that the season is winding down.
Prediction: Brighton 2-2 Man City
Brighton v Man City: 2-2 draw
Spurs v Arsenal: 2-0 Arsenal
Bournemouth v Leicester: 3-1 Leicester
MY FIVE-FOLD ACCA
Norwich v West Ham: West Ham win
Watford v Newcastle: Newcastle win
Brighton v Man City: Draw
Wolves v Everton: Wolves win
Tottenham v Arsenal: Arsenal win
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk