It’s another busy weekend of fixtures in the Premier League, with Manchester United v Bournemouth, Wolves v Arsenal and Watford v Chelsea among the most high-profile matches.
We spoke to our man Kevin Doyle to get his take about the coming days, his 1-2-Free picks this weekend and who’s making it into his four-fold acca.
Man United v Bournemouth, Saturday 15:00
I think Man United will win this one. It’s so funny listening to everyone talk about United now; they’re back, Bruno Fernandes is a difference maker, they’re going to win the league next year and so on.
Whereas before lockdown and before Fernandes signed, it was going to take a decade for them to win the league. People were saying they need to build, they need a new Chief Executive, they need this, that, and the other.
This was coming from all the so-called experts. Now in the space of a few wins and a few good performances, it’s the opposite. How football changes. That’s what is great about the game though and it’s why everyone is enthralled; it can change so quickly.
As I have said, I don’t think they’re title contenders next year but I would be more positive about them. I think they sorted out the Pogba issues during lockdown in a roundabout way and given the current situation I don’t think he will be leaving.
Hopefully he just knuckles down and with him in the team, they have a world class squad. Back to the game at hand against Bournemouth, my prediction is 3-0 United.
Prediction: Man United 3-0 AFC Bournemouth.
Wolves v Arsenal, Saturday 17:30
Arsenal may have gotten a result against Norwich but this game won’t be easy for them. Wolves are absolutely flying. They just have so much energy and enthusiasm, along with good players and I think they will beat Arsenal.
It was a good win for Arsenal on Wednesday night but it was against Norwich who are bottom of the league with their season over, so it is hard to judge that one.
I think Wolves will be too strong here. I can’t sing their praises enough. They are a high-intensity, hardworking team with lots of ability. My prediction is Wolves will win 2-0.
Arsenal are looking ahead to next season and just want to get this one out of the way. Mikel Arteta is a newish, young manager, he’s an Arsenal fan favourite, and he has been given time. Next season will be huge for him. He will have to go out there and prove what he can do.
Prediction: Wolves 2-0 Arsenal
Chelsea v Watford, Saturday 20:00
We have two teams who have a lot to fight for. Chelsea had a bad result against West Ham on Wednesday night and that could continue here. Watford are a team who can cause upsets when you least expect it.
They keep surviving in the Premier League and it wouldn’t surprise me if they get something here. Watford seem to pull it out of the bag when they need it time and time again, so I am going for a 1-1 draw.
Prediction: Chelsea 1-1 Watford
Leicester v Crystal Palace, Saturday 15:00
Leicester are struggling but Brendan Rodgers doesn’t seem to be panicking. He has said that they will turn it around and can still clinch a Champions League spot.
However, looking at their bad run, I think it will be very hard to turn things around and I think they will lose out on a top-four finish.
Crystal Palace were only just beaten by Burnley at home which was a surprising result, but they are safe in mid-table. I am going to go with another 1-1 draw.
Prediction: Leicester 1-1 Crystal Palace.
Chelsea v Watford: 1-1 Draw
Liverpool v Aston Villa: 2-0 Liverpool
Southampton v Man City: 3-1 Man City
My four-fold acca
Leicester v Crystal Palace: Draw
Man United v Bournemouth: Man United win
Wolves v Arsenal: Wolves win
Chelsea v Watford: Draw
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk