After almost 20 years as a top-flight goalkeeper, Petr Cech will hang up his gloves after the 2019 Europa League final.
The Arsenal stopper has been a mainstay in the Premier League for 15 years, enjoying a trophy-laden career with the Gunners and Chelsea since joining the Blues in 2004. His professional and kind-natured manner has won him the respect of his peers around the world too.
He’s won it all during his time in England, and is set to move behind the scenes in a technical capacity at Stamford Bridge.
Before that though, he’s got one more trophy to win as Arsenal take on his old club Chelsea in the Europa League final in Baku.
Cech has been the Gunners’ cup keeper this term under Unai Emery and conceded just twice in the group stages.
He also produced a superb performance with a string of fine saves to shutout Napoli over 180 minutes in the quarter-finals.
Can Cech end it all on a high? Arsenal are 6/5 to lift the trophy on Wednesday night.
And in appreciation of a tip-top career, here are 10 of our favourite Petr Cech stats:
- Four-time Premier League & five-time FA Cup winner
- Champions League and Europa League winner
- Most clean sheets in Premier League history (202)
- Reached 100 clean sheets faster than any other Premier League goalkeeper
- Four-time winner of the Premier League Golden Glove
- Only goalkeeper to win the Premier League Golden Glove with two teams
- Set a then-Premier League record by going 1,025 minutes without conceding in 2004-05
- Lost just 17% of his 443 Premier League appearances
- Selected in 2005 UEFA Team of the Year
- 11-time winner of the Czech Republic Golden Ball
All odds and markets correct as of date of publication