Crystal Palace v Liverpool, Saturday @ 15:00
As the season goes on, each game will get more stressful for Liverpool as they go after the Premier League title. I think they should take advantage of the transfer window in January and make an effort to sign a couple of players.
They are in a great position and have a very good team, but the one difference between them and Man City is, City have the stronger squad.
Jurgen Klopp doesn’t like spending money in January, but I feel they must do so to give the team that final push to win the league, and to have some fresh legs incase of injury.
Crystal Palace manager, Roy Hodgson was Liverpool gaffer from 2010 to 2011. So, he will be determined to show that he is still has it and is a good manager.
Selhurst Park will be a tough pitch for Liverpool to play on as it’s not a fantastic stadium. However, I do think Liverpool will have enough to win 1-0, but Crystal Palace will make it a tough game for them.
Bournemouth v Wolves, Saturday @ 15:00
They’re two good teams that I enjoy watching, with young and enthusiastic managers. I don’t see there being many goals scored in this game, but it will be an enjoyable one to watch.
Seeing as the game is at the Vitality Stadium, I think this could be an advantage for Bournemouth and I see them winning 1-0.
Arsenal v Southampton, Saturday @ 15:00
This is going to be an interesting game that won’t be easy for Arsenal considering the way they have been playing recently.
Both Unai Emery and Ralph Hasenhuttl have been under a lot of pressure.
Emery has come into this team and is trying to make them a tighter unit and more solid defensive wise which is not what the Arsenal squad are about.
Over the years they have been used to playing an open and enjoyable style of football. Emery is a good manager, but I think he doesn’t have enough players that are open to his style of play.
I can see both teams getting something out of this game, but as Arsenal are playing at home, I think they will steal a win – but it will have nothing to do with their performance.
My prediction is a 2-1 Arsenal victory.
Brighton v Leicester, Saturday @ 15:00
Leicester deserve to be sitting in second place on the table. I’ve seen them play several times and they have played very well each game.
However, I don’t think they can hold onto this position for the whole season. But I suppose this was said the last time they surprised everybody and won the league in 2015-16!
Brendan Rodgers comes across very well in his interviews. He never looks stressed or under pressure. The players seem to love playing for him. He has especially done a great job getting Jamie Vardy back to his very best.
Brighton on the other hand, have been playing OK this season. They should be happy with their position, I think they are where they should be.
The squad isn’t good enough to be any higher in the league. Unless they go out and sign more players, they are going to remain in that position.
I could see both teams getting something out of this game, but Leicester will have the upper hand so fancy them to win 2-1.
Man City v Chelsea, Saturday @ 17:30
Man City didn’t play well in their last game against Liverpool. They still haven’t reached the levels they played at last season.
I had predicted this game ending in a draw, so I was surprised with the result. Pep Guardiola’s side are going through a tough first half of the season but are still up there fighting.
Chelsea have been doing well with a young and somewhat inexperienced team in certain areas but will have gained confidence over the last number of weeks.
But heading to the Etihad Stadium this week could be tough for them. I expect Man City to have a better second half to the season. In terms of this game at the weekend, I see a strong combative performance from City and a 2-0 home win.
Sheffield Utd v Man Utd, Sunday @ 16:30
Manchester Utd’s 3-1 win against Brighton last weekend was a surprise. Now that is saying something about how Man Utd are performing this season!
They’re play was better (still not great), than some of their performances recently, but are on an upward trend.
Sheffield Utd have been a surprise package so far this season.
Chris Wilder comes across as a good manager who wants to play and not just sit back in the Premier League and hope to survive relegation. He wants the team to do well and improve. I find them a fun team to watch, which cannot be said about most teams.
Going away from home this weekend won’t be easy for Man Utd. Bramall Lane is an intimidating place to play. But I am hopeful and predict them getting something out of the game which I think will end in a 1-1 draw.
Goodbye Pochettino, hello Mourinho
We don’t know what’s gone on behind the scenes as to the real reason Mauricio Pochettino has been let go, apart from the obvious drop in the team’s form.
I think Pochettino is a fantastic manager and he is the one who has dragged the team to the top and made them into a better squad. Tottenham have not spent a lot of money in the last couple of years and Pochettino still had them in the Champions League last year. If I was the Chairman of another football club looking for a new manager, possibly Man Utd, I would be trying to get Poch in ASAP.
I think Jose Mourinho will do fine with Tottenham. In his last season with Man Utd he was controversial and seemed to be looking for an argument in interviews which was disappointing as I really liked him.
He has been a top-class manager in everything he has done but seems to have a chip on his shoulder the last number of years. Therefore, I will be surprised if Mourinho is still at Spurs in a couple of years.
My Five-Fold ACCA
Spurs v West Ham: Spurs win
Arsenal v Southampton: Arsenal win
Man City v Chelsea: Man City win
Ipswich v Blackpool: Ipswich win
Sunderland v Coventry: Coventry win
My 1-2-FREE Prediction
Man City v Chelsea: 2-0 City
Hamilton v Rangers: 3-1 Rangers
Sheffield Utd v Man Utd: 1-1 Draw
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk