Kevin Doyle talks Liverpool v Man Utd, Man City v Palace and more
Newcastle v Chelsea, Saturday, 17:30
Chelsea played very well last weekend and are close to guaranteeing themselves a spot in the top four.
They have been up and down all season but have been putting in good performances.
Ross Barkley is a player who has really knuckled down and surprised a lot of people including myself. However, I can’t see them winning this game and I have a sneaky feeling Newcastle are going to win this.
Newcastle seem to get a win just when they need it. They have slipped down the table in recent weeks but just when the pressure comes off they surprise you and seem to sneak a win.
Prediction: 2-1 Newcastle
Burnley v Leicester, Sunday, 14:00
Leicester losing to Southampton 2-1 last weekend was not a surprise in my opinion.
If this had happened at the start of the season none of us would have thought anything of it. Southampton came into this game wanting the win to redeem that awful loss they had back in October when they lost 9-0!
Leicester just don’t have the strength of a top four table team and I can see them struggling in the second half of the season.
Burnley are dangerously slipping into the bottom three and could really do with a win! If they lose this weekend, the pressure will really be on them.
I think they have the grittiness and determination that will keep them in the League. With that said, I can see them getting something out of this game.
Prediction: 1-0 Burnley > My best value bet this weekend!
Brighton v Aston Villa, Saturday, 15:00
Aston Villa’s result from last week will affect the team mentally; it will be tough after conceding six goals.
But when you look back at Southampton conceding nine goals to Leicester in October 2019, they managed to bounce back from that!
However, Aston Villa need to win some games now. Coming up against Brighton this weekend, they won’t be full of confidence.
But they do have decent players like Jack Grealish. He needs to knuckle down and have a really good end to the season.
Brighton are not easy to play and don’t give away too much. Every game will be tough for Aston Villa now, and Brighton will make sure to put the pressure on them in this game.
Southampton v Wolves, Saturday, 15:00
I think both teams will put in a good performance here and it will be a very evenly matched game.
Wolves are higher up on the table, but Southampton are just as good when they put in a strong performance with Danny Ings scoring goals alongside Shane Long who is playing really well.
To be able to have strikers with their capability makes a massive difference.
Man City v Crystal Palace, Saturday, 15:00
Serigo Aguero is a world class player and has been for a long time. He is consistent every season scoring plenty of goals.
He’s a joy to watch and always plays with a smile on his face. He’s a legend with an outstanding skill set!
Man City have gotten their momentum back and I can see them winning this game.
Crystal Palace are very consistent and cause a lot of difficulty to break down, but I can’t see them getting anything out of this game against what is a strong Man City side.
Prediction: 3-0 Man City
Liverpool v Man Utd, Sunday, 16:30
I am most looking forward to watching this game at the weekend, I can’t see anything other than Liverpool getting the win.
As I had said before, my only worry for Liverpool is with the amount of games they play and competitions they are in I would love them to sign a couple of players.
It is not as big of a game as it had been in recent seasons because of where Man Utd are in the League and Liverpool coasting to the title.
Man Utd have been performing well against big teams and have gotten some good results but facing Liverpool, I can only see one end result and that is Liverpool winning this in style.
Prediction: 3-1 Liverpool
MY 1-2-FREE PREDICTION
Newcastle v Chelsea: 2-1 Newcastle
Burnley v Leicester: 1-0 Burnley
Liverpool v Man Utd: 3-1 Liverpool
My Five-Fold ACCA
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk