KEVIN DOYLE TALKS FA CUP, PREMIER LEAGUE & MAN CITY OVERTURNING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BAN
I think Manchester United will lift the FA Cup. They are on an impressive run of form and it’s not just one player in good form either.
You have Bruno Fernandes, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba to name a few who are playing well. They are in as good form as any of the teams left in the competition and it would be a great way to end the season for them.
Arsenal v Man City, Saturday 19:45
I am going to go for Arsenal here. It was a good win for them on Wednesday beating Liverpool. I suppose Liverpool are still in celebratory mode, but Arsenal are showing signs of life, signs of good play and have had a couple of big wins in recent weeks.
Manchester City have such a strong squad no matter who they play. However, I still think there’s a chance Pep Guardiola will leave at the end of the season. I could be raving here but he doesn’t look as enthusiastic as he once was. It could change since their Champions League punishment was overturned during the week but to me, he doesn’t look as interested.
Maybe he just needs a break, it’s hard to know. I think City look like they just want the season to end and win the league next season.
I also think the FA Cup means more to Arsenal. They’re a club trying to build, they have a new manager, and I think a win will matter more to Mikel Arteta than it will to Guardiola. I think Arsenal will see it as a great opportunity to add some silverware to the cabinet.
Man United v Chelsea, Sunday 18:00
I think Man United have the momentum right now. Both United and Chelsea are fighting for the same spot in the league as well so there’s big rivalry between the pair, but I feel United have a bit more about them.
I’d imagine this could be a tough match for both sides. The two managers are also youngish and want to get their hands on this trophy.
An FA Cup triumph for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be a big deal. He was under massive pressure but has managed to turn that around and this would be a great way to end the season.
As for Frank Lampard, he’s done very well with Chelsea and has had a positive season. It’ll be close but as I said I reckon United have the edge and I am predicting they win 3-2.
Spurs v Leicester City, Sunday 16:00
Tottenham Hotspur have won a couple of games now and Harry Kane has been scoring some goals. He is crucial to Spurs’ performance and everything they do coincides with how he plays.
It’s a big boost for Jose Mourinho to have him playing well because he was also a manager under pressure. Coming to the end of the season, things are looking up for them.
Leicester had a good win during the week, but they have been stuttering to get over the line. They had a big advantage over Chelsea during lockdown, but the Foxes are now a point behind The Blues.
Leicester have been struggling and I think that Spurs will win this game. We have two managers who get on well. Brendan Rodgers worked under Mourinho and was a bit of a protégé of his so they know each other well but Mourinho will want to get one over him here. I am going for a 1-0 Spurs win.
Bournemouth v Southampton, Sunday 14:00
This is a derby game so it should be a decent match. Bournemouth are fighting for their lives whereas Southampton don’t really have anything to play for.
It is now or never for the Cherries. Bournemouth had a good win the other day against Leicester and I think there is a tiny bit of life left in them to sneak a win here. It means more to them and I think they will win 2-1.
I like Eddie Howe and if they win this game, there won’t be much in it but unfortunately, I still think they will be relegated.
Wolves v Crystal Palace, Monday 20:15
As Wolves are at home, I fancy their chances here. They’ve been one of the better teams since lockdown.
I think both teams now want to get the season over with, but I’d imagine they might give other players a go. Wolves still have something to play for so I’m going for a 3-1 home win.
Man City and the Champions League
I think it’s a good thing that City got off the hook and I have no issue with it. Every club, big or small, have been up to no good in some shape or form so I don’t see any reason why City should be picked out and punished more so than anyone else.
I mean how PSG were able to remain inside the financial fair play rules in the French league with the money they were spending I have no clue. I think it’s impossible to police it.
It seems like it’s one rule for one team and another for the rest. I’m not saying City didn’t do anything wrong, I just don’t think one team should be punished so severely and the rest can get away with it.
Arsenal v Man City: 3-1 Arsenal
Man United v Chelsea: 3-2 Man United
Spurs v Leicester: 1-0 Spurs
Arsenal v Man City: Arsenal
Man United v Chelsea: Man United
Spurs v Leicester City: Spurs
Wolves v Crystal Palace: Wolves
Bournemouth v Southampton: Bournemouth
- This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
- This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
- This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
- Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
- This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
- Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
- Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
- If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
- There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
- Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
- Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
- Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
- Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
- Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
- Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
- To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
- The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
- Promoter: LC International Limited.
- This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
- We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
- If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
- Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk