Newcastle v Man City, Saturday 12:30
Consistency of performance is Newcastle’s Achilles heel; giving a good performance one week and then they drop the ball the next.
Man City had been playing great but recently their
standards have slipped a bit and I think they will struggle to break Newcastle
down this weekend up in St James Park.
I agree with Sterling’s goal not being allowed last weekend. When it comes to a limb being offside that is ridiculous. But when it is a distinct body part like your shoulder, I agree with this.
The rule was always to give advantage to the striker when I was playing, there is no advantage to the striker if your toe is offside!
With both teams underperforming I think this game will end in a 1:1 draw.
Liverpool v Brighton, Saturday 15:00
Brighton play well away from home and are well organised, I can see them causing Liverpool some trouble this weekend.
Liverpool being a counter attacking team, they like to break quickly, and Brighton won’t give them the space to do that. Liverpool struggle to break teams down who have a lot of possession, this is their one weakness.
They labored slightly to the Champions league draw at home during the week. Having players like Virgil van Dijk, who came in two years ago, on the Liverpool side is a huge advantage for them.
In my opinion he was the difference of them winning the Champions League last year or not and being the top team in the Premier League and more than likely winning it this year.
They are a team full of great players who all have their part to play. But he has been their icing on the cake the last number of years.
With Liverpool having the stronger squad in this game, I can see them winning 2-0.
Chelsea v West Ham, Saturday 15:00
I was surprised to see Chelsea getting beat last weekend, I still think they played quite well and had plenty of possession against City. Frank Lampard has done a really good job with the team bringing in younger players.
The pressure is off him to a certain degree compared to previous Chelsea managers. He doesn’t seem to have that ‘we have to win’ pressure. He has the team playing very well and they are nice to watch.
I can see them running away with the game against West Ham this weekend. West Ham have been very poor, and their manager is on the brink. They need to improve on everything in my opinion!
Their chairmen are not the type to wait around for results and the fans are beginning to get impatient.
They will bite the bullet and change their manager if they feel it is going to make a real difference to the team and results. They need to sign some good players in January!
I can see Chelsea winning 3-0 at home in this game.
Southampton v Watford, Saturday 17:30
These are two teams who have underperformed, and their managers are under serious pressure. Neither team has played well so far this season.
I expected a better season out of Southampton this year. Their manager Ralph Hasenhuttl came in last season and had done a good job with the team.
And I had hoped he would build on it this season to make it as a mid-table team at minimum, but it hasn’t happened for them. They had a great chance to secure a big away win to Arsenal last weekend but couldn’t get the job done.
For this game I expect both teams to get something out of it and ending in a 1:1 draw.
Man Utd v Aston Villa, Sunday 16:30
Last weekend Man Utd had been playing terrible for 75 minutes and performed well for 10. They went 3-2 up and the minute I saw them making a sub taking on a center half. I knew they were going to concede a goal.
They were on the front foot and playing well, Sheffield Utd were out of the game! This is not a move Man Utd would have made in the past under Fergie.
They would have kept going and won 4-2 or even 5-2, they wouldn’t have brought a center half on against Sheffield Utd, hoping not to concede in the last few minutes.
Man Utd shouldn’t have been in the position of losing to Sheffield Utd in the first place, but unfortunately that is where they are at the moment, they are not good enough.
As I mention each week, they need a new manager! Pochettino is waiting to be snapped up and he would be fantastic for this team and turn them around.
Aston Villa on the other hand are so hot and cold. One week you think they are fantastic then the next week they lose.
They had a good performance against Newcastle last week, a convincing 2-0 win. I can see Villa going to Old Trafford and coming out even with a 1-1 draw. My best value bet this weekend would be for Aston Villa to get something out of this game!
Leicester v Everton, Sunday 16:30
It is hard not to see Leicester’s winning streak continuing this weekend, they have been a breath of fresh air! They have beaten good teams and I believe they can keep it going.
I am enjoying seeing them stir up the league and causing the top teams some trouble. You don’t see the big teams like Man Utd or Arsenal putting pressure on them anytime soon as Leicester are just as strong as them now.
At home to Everton, I would be surprised if they don’t win this game. Everton have been playing very poor and their manager is on the edge of being let go by the looks of it. I just hope Leicester don’t sit back and think this will be an easy win for them.
My prediction for this game is Leicester will be too much for the Toffees and will come out on top with a comfortable 2-0 win.
My Five-Fold ACCA
Liverpool v Brighton: Liverpool win
Chelsea v West Ham: Chelsea win
Tottenham v Bournemouth: Tottenham win
Leeds v Middlesbrough: Leeds win
Wigan v Reading: Reading win
My 1-2-FREE predictions
Southampton v Watford: 1-1
Norwich v Arsenal: 2-2
Leicester v Everton: 2-0 Leicester
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk