Kevin Doyle on the Premier League, Man Utd v Norwich and Spurs v Liverpool
Crystal Palace v Arsenal, Saturday, 12:30
Crystal Palace have had a decent spell; they could do with a win and I can see them heading into this game determined and putting some pressure Arsenal.
Arsenal have impressed me in the last couple of weeks, even though they haven’t been winning games they have looked like a more trending unit. Going to Selhurst Park will be a test for them and where they are under Mikel Arteta I think the team have a new direction and new belief.
Prediction: 0-2 Arsenal
Man Utd v Norwich, Saturday, 15:00
Man Utd should win this game comfortably if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has them turned around and has them heading in the right direction as we have seen in the last six weeks. They have looked better recently and have more attacking threat.
Going against a bottom of the league team like Norwich who show minimal of improvement should not be a difficult challenge for them. However, it seems to be the bottom of the table teams Man Utd struggle facing.
Prediction: 3-0 Man Utd
Leicester v Southampton, Saturday, 15:00 > My best value bet: Southampton to beat Leicester!
This is the game I most look forward to watching this weekend!
Leicester will be full of confidence heading into this game. But I think they are going to see this as an easy win for them and may take their foot off the pedal and get caught. I can see Southampton springing a surprise!
Southampton have been playing well and have turned a corner, they have gotten themselves into a mid-table position after being at the bottom a month ago. Having had a fantastic December and early January, I can see them going to King Power Stadium and winning this game.
Prediction: 1-2 Southampton
Tottenham v Liverpool, Saturday, 17:30
I think Tottenham have returned to the form they showed pre-José Mourinho. They got a bounce from him being appointed manager and that has now been lost.
They need to make some signings this month as I am sure Mourinho had been promised signings when he first took the job, and they haven’t signed anyone of note. So, I really think they need some fresh faces and let Mourinho get his own type of players in to boost morale in the team.
I can see them struggling in this game against a strong Liverpool side. However, I do worry about Liverpool’s injury situation. I also think they should sign a player or two to give them a boost coming towards the end of the season.
Klopp’s choice to field some teenage players paid off. They played the part and looked like first team players. This is a massive bonus for Liverpool and shows yet another great decision from Klopp as they beat Everton’s strong eleven.
Prediction: 2-1 Liverpool
Bournemouth v Watford, Sunday, 14:00
I think Watford are on a roll and it really shows what confidence a couple of wins can give. Beating Man Utd was a massive deal for them and set their season alight.
They have a fighting spirit, every season they get themselves out of trouble and then they change their manager and the players rejuvenate themselves.
Nigel Pearson got Leicester out of deep trouble in the past and he is now applying that knowledge to this Watford team.
Bournemouth have been struggling and been on a downward spiral for the last 18 months. They haven’t been as good as they were in the first season of the Premier League where they played fantastically.
They stick to a calm and impressive style of football and don’t tend to change it too much. I think it could be good for them to have a plan.
With Eddie Howe having been linked to a lot of top jobs, this could be the first time he is questioned in his role.
Prediction: 1-3 Watford
Aston Villa v Man City, Sunday, 16:30
Aston Villa had a strong 2-1-win against Burnley last weekend which they really needed.
When they play well, they are an enjoyable team to watch. Jack Grealish is one of the key players who plays fantastic and could jump into any team in the Premier League he has got that much ability!
However, Villa have been so up and down with their style of play lately, their consistency is the big issue which needs to be worked on.
I don’t see Aston Villa getting a win in this game. Man City are back on a decent run of form after a very tricky spell. With the whole squad being world class players, anyone of them can be a key player on their day. I see them winning this game convincingly at what is a great Villa Park pitch this weekend.
Prediction: 0-3 Man City
My 1-2-FREE prediction:
Tottenham v Liverpool: 1-2
Bournemouth v Watford: 1-3
Aston Villa v Man City: 0-3
My Five-Fold ACCA for this weekend:
Chelsea v Burnley: Chelsea win
Man Utd v Norwich: Man Utd win
Wolves v Newcastle: Wolves win
Spurs v Liverpool: Liverpool win
Bournemouth v Watford: Watford win
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk