Kevin Doyle on Solskjaer’s future, Wilder, Chelsea v Man Utd & more
What have you made of the Premier League manager merry go round this season?
The most unfortunate departure must be Mauricio Pochettino, I don’t think he should have been sacked.
He’s a fantastic manager in my opinion who could have done a lot more with that Spurs squad than José Mourinho. The team haven’t improved under Mourinho even with him spending a lot of money and see them remaining in the same position come the end of the season.
They should have kept Pochettino and given him extra money to improve his squad depth. He’d not been giving the opportunity to do so whilst trying to compete at the very top in the Premier League and in Europe.
Whereas for me, the best addition to the Premier League must be Sheffield Utd manager, Chris Wilder.
He shows great faith in his team and has no fear, no matter who they play. The team are a breath of fresh air in the league and he has them playing fantastic. Their aim would have been to stay in the league, but they have achieved that and can now relax and enjoy the rest of the season.
Norwich v Liverpool, Saturday 17:30
Norwich are desperate for a win, but it isn’t going to happen for them in this game. They are going to put everyone behind the ball and try to make it difficult for Liverpool, but I can’t see it securing a result for the home team.
Liverpool are going to dominate possession and the game; they are the better and stronger team. The only thing that could work in Norwich’s favour is it could take the first half for the Liverpool squad to switch back into football mode after being on the winter break.
There isn’t a lot of pressure on Liverpool, they basically have the League won! In this game I can’t see their defenders having to do a lot. It is going to be about their front three as Norwich will put pressure behind the ball.
I think Liverpool are going to have way too much force in this game for Norwich to handle. The Canaries will be very defensive and desperate to get a point, but I can’t see them scoring.
Prediction: 0-3 Liverpool win
Aston Villa v Tottenham, Sunday 14:00
I don’t necessarily think Tottenham deserved to win their previous game against Man City as City had more possession and chances.
They are not playing fantastic under Mourinho, they seem to be a lot more cautious then they had been under Pochettino making them less exciting to watch. They are fine when it comes to counter attacking, but I don’t think they will be able to break down a stubborn Aston Villa team to get a result.
Aston Villa are just outside the relegation zone and are fighting for their lives, I think they have enough to get something out of this game, but not a home win.
Prediction: Score draw of 1-1 with Son Heung-min scoring the first goal for Tottenham
Arsenal v Newcastle, Sunday 16:30
Arsenal have been so disappointing this season. They are getting far too many draws and I am interested to see between now and the end of the season, what way Mikel Arteta will manage this team. I think he is trying to remain mid table until the end of the season and hopefully sign some new players in the summer.
There is not much between these two teams, but I think it’s the type of game Newcastle can win. Neither have a lot to play for as neither will make Europe or be relegated.
I think Newcastle have a bit more fight about them whereas Arsenal look to be playing with no enthusiasm, spirit and have a lack of creativity. With this in mind; I can see Newcastle having the upper hand heading into this game and nicking a rare win down in London.
Prediction: 0-1 Newcastle win
Chelsea v Man Utd, Monday 20:00
This is the game I am most looking forward to this weekend. Being a Man Utd fan I am interested to see how this game plays out after the winter break.
They beat Chelsea 4-0 in their first game of the season when everything was looking great. But a lot has changed since then. It is getting close to the point where they are going to have to do something about Ole Gunnar Solskjær and this could be what tips it over the edge.
I hope Man Utd come out refreshed and put on a strong performance, but it is tough to imagine. As much as it pains me to say, I can see this game ending in a Chelsea win, this being my best value bet this weekend.
Prediction: 2-1 Chelsea win
Norwich v Liverpool: 3-0 Liverpool
Aston Villa v Tottenham: 1-1
Arsenal v Newcastle: 0-1 Newcastle
My Five-Fold ACCA
Southampton v Burnley: Southampton win
Norwich v Liverpool: Liverpool win
Chelsea v Man Utd: Chelsea win
Middlesbrough v Luton Town: Middlesbrough win
Leeds v Bristol: Leeds win
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk