Kevin Doyle on Liverpool’s form, Manchester derby and more
Liverpool v Bournemouth, Saturday 12:30
I feel Liverpool’s loss to Watford and Chelsea midweek was a good wake up call. Their unbelievable form just couldn’t go on forever and was bound to come to an end. There has been a lot of pressure on the players mentally with having to keep the winning streak going in all competitions.
They seem to have been scraping through the past few weeks and in some ways may feel relieved to get a few losses out of the way so they can reset and begin to power on for a strong finish to the season.
Eddie Howe doesn’t tend to change his team’s style of play. They go out and build themselves from the back but unfortunately this hasn’t been going to well for them recently.
If I was him, I would be increasing the defensive efforts and trying to make it as difficult as possible for Liverpool.
The Reds have just lost a few games, but I wouldn’t focus by trying to attack them. Once Liverpool get a goal or two and their confidence returns, they could go to town on this Bournemouth team and win easily at Anfield.
Prediction: 3-0 Liverpool
Burnley v Tottenham, Saturday 17:30
Both teams can equally frustrate each other in this game but I feel Burnley are in a better place mentally. Two months ago, they were close to hitting relegation, but can now sit comfortably mid table until the end of the season.
Tottenham on the other hand won’t be too happy with their position; especially having been defeated Wolves last weekend. José Mourinho looks to be a frustrated manager.
He continues to make excuses as to why his team are not performing instead of staying quiet and trying to win a game. I feel he needs to start talking about the good players he has on the team and boost their confidence, rather than talking down about his weaker players.
I would like to see Mourinho give Troy Parrott a chance to show what he can do on the pitch. Mourinho continues to say he’s not ready, but at 18 years old to have made an international appearance he looks ready to me. I’d like to see him get a good run out and let the fans see what Mourinho is witnessing on the training ground from Troy.
Turf Moor is not a nice place to play for an away team. When Burnley play at home they tend to make it difficult.
Prediction: 2-1 Burnley
Chelsea v Everton, Sunday 14:00
Everton are starting to play well under Carlo Ancelotti. I am enjoying watching him as a manager as he doesn’t rant and rave. He seems to be very cool, calm and collected.
The team seem to enjoy playing for him and have become a tighter and more cohesive team.
Having been unlucky against Arsenal a couple of weeks back but then getting a good draw against Man Utd last weekend, I think they have enough to get a point in this game.
Chelsea don’t seem to have any pattern to their performances as they do well one week and are very poor the next.
This is to be expected as Frank Lampard is giving their younger players a chance to prove themselves in the league.
I think both teams are evenly matched, I can’t see one being stronger than the other.
Prediction: 1-1 Draw
Man Utd v Man City, Sunday 16:30
I’m really looking forward to watching this game at the weekend. I am a Manchester United fan and who doesn’t love a Manchester derby?
Man Utd have been performing well over the last number of weeks and look a lot more confident side.
Hearing the fans speak about how they are playing well and talking positively about them will translate to how the players perform on the pitch.
Their new signing Bruno Fernandes looks to be great. He brings a great buzz and the impact he has had since he joined has been tremendous to see.
It’s great to finally see some positive stories about Man Utd for the first time in a long time.
I do think Man City are a good team and will have more fight about them due to their European ban. I always find it difficult to pick a key player for Man City as they are such a strong unit.
It comes down to which of them decide to come forward and be the world class player on the day. I really like Kevin De Bruyne but as striker myself, Sergio Aguero is always front of mind.
I think both teams have a lot of fight in them heading into this game, it is going to be a good one!
Prediction: 2-2 Draw
Burnley v Tottenham: 2-1
Chelsea v Everton: 1-1
Man Utd v Man City: 2-2
My Five-Fold ACCA
Liverpool v Bournemouth: Liverpool win
Arsenal v West Ham: Arsenal win
Wolves v Brighton: Wolves win
Southampton v Newcastle: Southampton win
Sheffield Utd v Norwich: Norwich win
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk