Chelsea v Liverpool
It’s matchday 6 and we have another exciting weekend of Premier League matches to look forward to. The most interesting match for me is Chelsea v Liverpool on Sunday.
Liverpool have had a fantastic start but I wonder will their rhythm be upset after their mid-week defeat by Napoli. This is going to be their first big test of the Premier League season.
Chelsea had a good 5-2 win at the weekend away to Wolves, but then again got beat at home in the Champions League losing 0-1 to Valencia in interesting circumstances and a row over a penalty.
Chelsea have a decent chance against Liverpool at home this weekend. Liverpool are not going to go all season unbeaten in the league and I think Frank Lampard is just getting started with his young team and shaping their new style of play.
Tammy Abraham scoring a hat-trick for Chelsea last week was brilliant. Lampard has shown faith in him. This is something as a player I think is so important. Younger players getting their chance in the team hasn’t really been the Chelsea way for a number of years.
Lampard has been given the freedom to do that and why not! If Abraham has the ability to go out and score the hat-trick, why spend more money on getting someone else in when you have a very valuable player right there.
Any time I have seen him play I have been very impressed. He has plenty of power and he scores goals. I think it will be a tight cagey affair but Liverpool should have the firepower and experience to get the win.
My banker this week
Last week I had Man City as my banker. Although, they suffered a surprise defeat, I am going to keep faith in the team this week. I think after the International break it’s always difficult getting back up to the pace of the league.
After being away for two weeks with the International team, having a couple of injuries and coming back; they probably just couldn’t get back it to the rhythm of Pep Guardiola’s intensive training fast enough.
I think they were caught out after the break and I know they won’t make the same mistake at home this weekend.
Burnley v Norwich
Norwich scored three really good goals against the Champions last week, it was fantastic. They weren’t lucky, they just played very good football. At times they looked like Man City themselves out there!
My only worry is, they conceded two goals. They have conceded the most goals in the league so far.
They just need to tighten up that back row. But they showed some fantastic play, it was great to watch and I’d fancy them getting a positive result away from home to Burnley this weekend.
West Ham v Man Utd
Last weekend Man Utd didn’t play great but made a comeback scoring 1-0 penalty again Leicester.
The foxes are a good team, but with Man Utd playing at home you would expect them to score more than one goal. West Ham has never been a great place historically for Man Utd to visit.
I wouldn’t be surprised if their game against them this weekend ended in a draw. Solskjaer doesn’t seem to know who his top forward is at the moment.
Is Martial his number 9? Is Rashford going to be his number 9 long term? It just doesn’t seem to be tactically coming together well for him. At this stage, every game seems to be a tough game for Man Utd but they might just go and surprise a few people with a win away at West Ham.
Arsenal v Aston Villa
Arsenal on the other hand, threw away a 2-0 lead at Watford. I think they thought the game was over, they got their two goals then sat back and relaxed.
But the game is never over and especially at two goals. Unai Emery wanted to bring solidarity to Arsenal, a toughness to them. He seemed to be getting to that stage last season, but this season hasn’t started fantastically well for them.
They have been serial underachievers for a number of years now. Emery has only been there a year and has signed some very good players. There is no excuse for a team like Arsenal to be 2-0 up and then loose to a team like Watford.
I think with Aston Villa visiting the Emirates on Sunday, they have a good opportunity to put in a solid performance and secure the three points.
That’s my take on it. I will be back next week with further thoughts and predictions around next week’s round of upcoming matches on my weekly Ladbrokes Blog!
My 1-2-Free predictions for this weekend are:
Newcastle v Brighton: 2-1 Newcastle win
West Ham v Man Utd: 1-2 Man Utd win
Chelsea v Liverpool: 0-2 Liverpool win
My Five-Fold Acca for this weekend is:
Leicester City v Tottenham: Tottenham win
Man City v Watford: Man City win – My banker of the week!
Leeds v Derby: Leeds win
Cardiff v Middlesbrough: Cardiff win
Bolton v Sunderland: Sunderland win
Check out the latest Ladbrokes Premier League odds here
1-2-Free – Terms & Conditions
Before claiming this sports promotion it is important that you read these promotional terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information about the terms on which this promotion can be claimed. You will be required to agree to these promotional terms & conditions when claiming this sports promotion. In particular, please familiarise yourself with the restrictions summarised below.These Promotional Terms & Conditions apply to this Sports Promotion. They should be read alongside our General Website Terms & Conditions. These terms can be accessed here:https://help.ladbrokes.com/s/article/LB-Website-Terms-and-Conditions
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk