Chelsea v Crystal Palace, Saturday @ 12:30
Although Chelsea have been playing well under Frank Lampard this season, I think Roy Hodgson really knows how to set up his team to defend well away from home.
I’m sure Chelsea will play with plenty of endeavor and create chances but I am going to predict a tight 1-1 result.
Spurs v Sheffield United, Saturday @ 15:00
Just when I thought Spurs had turned a corner after their big Champions League defeat a few weeks ago, they appear to be struggling again.
I have to say I really am impressed with Sheffield United this year; they are proving very hard to beat and showed they can put in big performances at home with the win over Arsenal recently.
Although David McGoldrick hasn’t scored many goals, he has good movement and is a superb target up front.
I think with Spurs’ pedigree, playing at home and in desperate need for a win, they will secure a result against Sheffield United at home and take all three points.
Leicester City v Arsenal, Saturday @ 17:30
Leicester played very well last weekend against Crystal Palace and attacked well when it came to scoring goals. They looked comfortable throughout the game.
I think their success comes down to their manager Brendan Rodgers, who came in during February of this year full of enthusiasm. Since he has come in, Jamie Vardy has scored 19 goals and is top scorer in the Premier League.
Jamie’s energy was all over the pitch for 90 minutes and he scored a very good goal with great movement and a great finish.
There are articles coming from the Arsenal players complaining about their training and being bored, which is never a good sign.
The likes of Aubameyang, who can be a difference maker, is looking quite like the rest of the team – fed up and holding back.
There is even talk of Jose Mourinho being lined up as manager, I don’t think he is the answer and if I was an Arsenal fan, he certainly wouldn’t be my first choice.
Playing at home, I think Leicester are full of confidence and will have too much for Arsenal and win 2-1.
Man United v Brighton, Sunday @ 14:00
My prediction for Man Utd’s game against Bournemouth last weekend was 0-1 so the result did not come as a massive shock to me. Man Utd are just not good enough anymore in plenty of different departments.
Brighton are a much more settled team now and are ahead of Man Utd in the league. I can see them going to Old Trafford and getting a point against a Man Utd team lacking in confidence.
If Solskjaer stays he could sign some players and make a reasonably competitive team, but as I mentioned before, they need someone like Pochettino to come in and put this broken team back together.
I feel he would make a great difference with the squad that is there at the moment.
Wolves v Aston Villa, Sunday @ 14:00
This is a big Midlands derby being played at Molineux this weekend.
Aston Villa have been blowing hot and cold and I think Wolves are really turning into a super side who can go and get the goals and results against any team in the league.
Aston Villa will put it up to Wolves in the first half, but I see Wolves having enough class to overcome them. I predict a 2-0 home win for Wolves.
Liverpool v Man City, Sunday @ 16:30
The biggest game of the weekend and the one I am most looking forward to watching! If Liverpool can get the better of this Man City team, the players will believe this is their season.
If Man City win, it is down to three points, but if Liverpool win it is nine points and one step closer to winning the league since the 1989-1990 season.
Both teams have a lot to lose. I think the end result will be 2-2 and a great game to watch.
My five-fold Acca this weekend
Spurs v Sheffield United: Spurs win
Leicester v Arsenal: Leicester win
Newcastle v Bournemouth: Newcastle win
Leeds v Blackburn: Leeds win
Reading v Luton Town: Reading win
My 1-2-Free Predictions
Leicester v Arsenal: 2-1 Leicester
Man Utd v Brighton: 0-1 Brighton
Liverpool v Man City: 2-2 Draw
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk