Well with just one month into the Premier League season and only four games gone, it’s still too early to be either writing any team off or getting carried away with a good start. I always feel it takes ten games before a true reflection of the table for the season takes place.
I would imagine the current top two Liverpool and Man City will still be at the top but probably in reverse order (Man City and Liverpool) come the end of the season.
I would wait another month or two before talking up any other serious title challengers as it’s too early to call it just yet.
I think Liverpoolhave what it takes to stay top of the table this weekend as they host Newcastle at Anfield on Saturday.
Norwich play Man City and I feel they might nick an early goal, but I see Man City building their usual momentum as the game moves on.
With Norwich being second from bottom of the table, having conceded the most goals in the league so far (10), I would say this result could be less about Pukki’s performance and more about his defence holding firm at the back.
Pukki started the season strongly for Norwich and is looking sharp but it is hard not to look past a Man City Win here. If I had to pick a score, it would be a 3-1 Man City win. They have the strongest squad and are my tip for this Premier League season.
I am really interested to see how Chelsea get on this weekend. They have a new manager in Frank Lampard and he will continue to blood younger players in the team to freshen things up. Playing against Wolves will be a good match up.
Wolves haven’t had a fantastic start, but I expect them to kick on and have a very good season. I like their manager Nuno Santo and behind the scenes, they have a good club set-up.
It will be a tough game for both Frank and Chelsea and he would want to start getting some extra knots in his belt to take the pressure off a bit.
The game I am most looking forward to this weekend is Man Utd v Leicester at Old Trafford on Saturday. I am intrigued to see how Man Utd play as this could be the make or break for them this season.
Man Utd started strong winning 4-0 against Chelsea at Old Trafford, but had a big let-down recently losing to Crystal Palace at home. I look forward to seeing Solskjaer’s approach to turning things around this weekend.
I think he will have a positive ‘We’re Man Utd, we’re going to go out and really try and win this game’ attitude.
I also wouldn’t write Leicester off getting into the top six this season, they made it right to the top once before! They have a great manager in Brendan Rogers who gets them playing a good fluid style of football.
The top six is unpredictable now with Chelsea and Man Utd not guaranteed anything and I think Leicester and maybe even Wolves could easily make it to the top six this year.
That’s my thoughts on it guys. Who knows what this Premier League season will bring but I am excited to see all the ups and downs throughout the season and share my thoughts on my new weekly Ladbrokes blog!
My 1-2-Free predictions for this weekend are:
Norwich v Man City: 3-1 Man City win.
Bournemouth v Everton: 1-1 draw.
Watford v Arsenal: 2-1 Arsenal win.
My Five-fold Acca for this weekend is:
- Leicester v Man Utd – Draw
- Middlesbrough v Reading – Reading win
- Accrington v Sunderland – Sunderland win
- Wolves v Chelsea – Draw
- Norwich v Man City – Man City – My banker of the week!
1-2-Free – Terms & Conditions
Before claiming this sports promotion it is important that
you read these promotional terms and conditions carefully as they contain
important information about the terms on which this promotion can be claimed.
You will be required to agree to these promotional terms & conditions when
claiming this sports promotion. In particular, please familiarise yourself with
the restrictions summarised below.
These Promotional Terms & Conditions apply to this Sports Promotion. They should be read alongside our General Website Terms & Conditions. These terms can be accessed here:https://help.ladbrokes.com/s/article/LB-Website-Terms-and-Conditions
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk