Arsenal head into Saturday’s showpiece event as firm favourites for victory, with Ladbrokes offering 1/4 on the Gunners lifting the trophy, while opponents Hull City can be backed at 3/1 to claim a first ever FA Cup.
It’s been nine years since Arsene Wenger claimed a trophy as manager of the north London club, but with the Tigers proving tame in the Premier League over the last few weeks, this represents their best chance at claiming a long-awaited cup.
To get in the spirit of the final, the Ladbrokes News Team has been working hard to create a quiz ahead of the big match – so read on to see how much of a professor you are.
Round One: History
1. Which player has won the most FA Cups as a player in his career?
2. Which team has made the most FA Cup Final appearances without winning the trophy?
3. Only one player has scored in four separate FA Cup Finals – who?
4. Who holds the record for scoring the fastest goal in an FA Cup Final?
5. Two teams share the record for the most FA Cup Final appearances – name them.
6. Who was the first player to be sent off in an FA Cup Final?
Round Two: Players and Managers
7. David James has featured in three FA Cup Finals during his career – name the clubs.
8. Two World Player of the Year winners have featured in FA Cup Finals – who are they?
9. Name the four English players that featured for Portsmouth in the 2008 FA Cup Final.
10. In the last 20 years five Frenchman have scored in the FA Cup Final – can you name them?
11. Over the past two decades four Italian managers have won the FA Cup – list them.
Round Three: Teams
12. Name the only two ‘home’ sides that have lost the FA Cup Final in the last decade.
13. Last year, a non-league club knocked a Premier League side out of the FA Cup for the first time in the competition’s history – can you name the two teams?
14. List the three FA Cup finalists from the last 20 years that have suffered relegation from the top flight in the same season.
15. How many goals have Arsenal conceded en route to the FA Cup Final? Can you name the scorers?
16. Name the three teams beginning with ‘S’ that Hull City beat on their way to the Final.
Round Four: Name the Legend
17. This player was the first man to feature in seven FA Cup Finals played in the 20th century. Known for his temper on the pitch, it was perhaps fitting that the two sides he set the record with also played in red. Who are we talking about?
18. Before Harry Redknapp won the FA Cup in 2009 this man was the last English manager to lift the trophy. As a player he featured for two teams that have appeared in FA Cup finals in the last six years, but has never won it himself! Can you name him?
19. Though he became known for sitting on the bench late in his career, he is actually the proud holder of the record of being the last Scottish player to score in an FA Cup Final – tell us the name of the player.
20. He came to England from Ligue 1 via Turkey, Italy and Spain, having already tasted defeat in a Champions League final with a La Liga side. He went on to endure heartache, collecting runners-up medals in the League Cup and FA Cup during stints with three different English clubs. Do you know his name?
Click here to reveal the answers
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.