Real Madrid head into Saturday’s Champions League final in Lisbon as favourites for victory with Ladbrokes backing Los Blancos at 9/20 to lift the trophy, while Atletico Madrid are 17/10 outsiders for the cup.
And after witnessing Arsenal complete a sensational comeback against Hull, we are hoping for another classic encounter between the cross-town rivals when they take to the pitch in Lisbon.
Ahead of this potentially absorbing encounter the Ladbrokes News Team has been busy creating the ultimate Champions League quiz (from 1993 onwards) – how much of a professor are you?
Round One: It’s all about the players
1. Who holds the record for the fastest goal in a Champions League final?
2. In the last 20 years six Englishmen have scored in the Champions League final – who are they?
Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard, Sol Campbell, Steven Gerrard, Steve McManaman and Teddy Sheringham
3. Name the last player to miss a penalty awarded in normal time
4. Two South Americans have scored a brace in the Champions League final – name then
Diego Milito and Hernan Crespo
5. Which two players have been sent off in a Champions League final?
Jens Lehmann and Didier Drogba
6. Can you name the three Brazilians to have scored in the final of the Champions League?
Lucio (Bayer Levekusen), Carlos Alberto (Porto) and Juliano Belletti (Barcelona).
Round Two: It’s all about the teams
7. Eight teams have featured in a Champions League final penalty shoot since 1994 – name them
Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Juventus, Valencia and Ajax
8. Can you tell us the two teams Marcel Desailly won back-to-back Champions League titles with?
Marseille and AC Milan
9. List the last five teams that have failed to score in the final of the Champions League
Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Monaco, AC Milan and Juventus
10. Can you list the three clubs Clarence Seedorf has won the Champions League with?
Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan
11. Since 1994 a total of five teams have lost two or more Champions League finals – name them
Juventus, AC Milan, Valencia, Bayern Munich and Manchester United
12. This year’s final is the fifth time in 20 years that two teams from the same nation will face each other – can you name the teams involved in the other four finals?
Real Madrid vs Valencia, AC Milan vs Juventus, Manchester United vs Chelsea and Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund.
Round Three: It’s All About the Record Books
13. List the nine English teams to have taken part in the Champions League
Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds United and Tottenham Hotspur.
14. Which team made an appearance in the final of the Champions League having never won their own domestic title?
15. Which player holds the unenviable record of being sent off for three different teams in the Champions League?
Patrick Vieira – Arsenal, Juventus and Inter Milan
16. Can you tell us the name of the last player to score exactly four goals in a Champions League game?
Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Paris Saint-Germain against Anderlecht.
17. Which player holds the record for the most appearances in the Champions League?
18. Who was the first player to score a hat-trick on his Champions League debut for an English club?
Faustino Asprilla scored three in Newcastle United’s famous 3-2 win over Barcelona in 1997
Round Four: It’s All About Me
19. Who am I? Once described as a Paul Newman lookalike, I am the only manager to have won the UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Cup and AFC Champions League.
20. Who am I? I enjoyed a brief stint in the Premier League but made my name in the 90s when I became the youngest player to score in a Champions League final.
21. Who am I? My name might sound rather rude, but I boast a somewhat surprising record of having scored penalties against Juventus for three different Bundesliga teams.
How did you score?
1-5 – You could submit your answers again for re-marking but it wouldn’t do any good – poor.
5-10 – Good but not Mastermind level – Your specialist subject is most definitely not the Champions League.
10-15 – If you did your dissertation on the Champions League, you’d be looking at a solid 2.1 mark.
15-20 – A first class effort from someone with a real thirst for all things UEFA! Congrats!
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.