Kevin Doyle has his say on Premier League Matchday 11
Bournemouth v Man Utd, Saturday @ 12:30
I am most looking forward to watching this game at the weekend. I fancy Bournemouth to beat Man Utd.
Man Utd had a decent win against Norwich last weekend, but Bournemouth are a stronger team than Norwich and especially playing at home.
I’m going to call it a close Bournemouth 2-1 win and this would be my pick of the weekend ties. Man Utd’s style of play and formation has been hard to predict lately whereas Bournemouth are consistent with their style of play.
Their manager seems to be cool, calm and collected and never gets too hyped about a win or too down about a loss. One positive for Man Utd is they have the money to sign a couple of new players.
Unfortunately for Solskjaer, I don’t think he is the one to take this team forward long term. I would like to see Pochettino have his say with them as in my opinion, he is the best manager in the league.
Aston Villa v Liverpool, Saturday @ 15:00
I enjoy watching Aston Villa play and they have a good manager, but I don’t think they will spring any surprises against Liverpool at home this weekend.
They are going out and winning games even though they haven’t played as fluidly recently. I think Liverpool will be too strong for them and I see this ending in a 2-0 Liverpool away win.
Man City v Southampton, Saturday @ 15:00
I imagine Southampton have had a tough week after their dismal performance against Leicester last weekend in the league and loss to Man City on Tuesday in the Carabao Cup.
They will want to put every millimetre of power and sweat into their performance to make up for how they played. They are going to Man City, and even with Southampton playing well, Man City should beat them easily, 3-0.
It is hard to call out one key player for Man City; they are a well-rounded team. If you took out one player and replaced him with another, you wouldn’t notice the difference, whereas with Southampton it is slightly harder to pick out a key player.
A friend of mine, Shane Long, didn’t play against Leicester. He is fit and enthusiastic which is needed going into this game against Man City.
Watford v Chelsea, Saturday @ 17:30
Chelsea played very well last week winning 4-2 against Burnley. Frank Lampard is starting to get more confident each week as they are on an upward curve. I expect them to beat Watford in this game, 2-1.
Watford are so unpredictable from one week to the next, it is hard to call how they will perform.
Now being under their previous manager Quique Sánchez Flores once again, I don’t think they will have enough to beat Chelsea this weekend and will struggle in league this season.
Crystal Palace v Leicester, Sunday @ 14:00
Leicester ran away with their last game against Southampton with a record away win of 9-0. My predictions for that game had been a 1-1 draw, so needless to say, I was surprised with the result.
The team are good to watch and put on a great game of football. However, this could be an unpredictable game.
Selhurst Park isn’t a great pitch to play on as an away team so I am going to call this as a 1-1 draw.
Everton v Tottenham, Sunday @ 16:30
I think Everton could win at home this weekend as Tottenham have not been playing to their full potential.
Tottenham were very good in the Champions League last year but after getting beaten by Liverpool, they seem to still be recovering.
Tottenham don’t have the biggest squad and a lot of their players are looking tired. Their chance for transfers was in the summer after losing the Champions League final.
They should have gotten the players out who wanted to move on and spent money on signing some players who wanted to be there.
I wouldn’t put it down to Pochettino as he is fantastic, I would be putting it down to the senior execs like Daniel Levy in the club dictating and signing off on transfer strategy.
My five-fold acca this weekend
v Man Utd: Bournemouth win
Man City v Southampton: Man City win
Chelsea v Watford: Chelsea win
Derby v Middlesbrough: Derby win
Leeds v QPR: Leeds win
My 1-2-Free picks
Watford v Chelsea: 1-2 Chelsea
Crystal Palace v Leicester: 1-1
Everton v Tottenham: 2-1 Everton
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk