KEVIN DOYLE HAS HIS SAY ON PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 9
Liverpool v Man United, Sunday, 16:30
Man Utd will look to start quickly in the first twenty minutes to try and make up for their recent run of poor performances.
However, I don’t see this being the win that the team and Man Utd supporters desperately want. Liverpool will go on to dominate the game in their usual manner.
I think Roberto Firmino will be the first goal scorer, he has quickly become one of the most popular Liverpool players of the 21st century, as well as one of the club’s finest-ever foreign imports with a serious eye for goal.
For both teams, this is probably their biggest match of the season so far. Unfortunately for the United faithful, I see Liverpool winning comfortably at 2-0 at Old Trafford which comes in around 15/2 with Ladbrokes.
Chelsea v Newcastle, Saturday, 15:00
Newcastle’s recent win against Man Utd was a good performance but it was against a poor Man Utd team.
Matthew Longstaff looked like a very decent and capable footballer in his last game. To score a goal in his debut against Man Utd is a fantastic achievement.
It comes down to whether he can carry this through to not only the rest of this season but seasons in the future.
He has the ability and most young players can be happy to just make their first appearance, it just boils down to whether he has the dedication and a good head on his shoulders to keep himself there for the long haul.
The recent Newcastle win will give the team a boost, but facing Chelsea, I don’t see them getting anything from the game if Newcastle perform like they have so far this season. I see a Chelsea a home win.
Wolves v Southampton, Saturday, 15:00
Wolves had a super performance beating Man City 2-0 in their last game.
At the beginning of the season they were my fancied team who were not considered a serious contender by most but I really feel they are going to spring a surprise and get in to the top six this year.
The team hadn’t been brilliant at the start of the season but have had a couple of good results lately and are turning things around.
They have quality players and a great manager and starting to shape up to be the team I thought they would be from the start of the season.
Playing Southampton this weekend will be tough enough though and I feel the game will end in a 1-1 draw.
Crystal Palace v Man City, Saturday, 17:30
A lot of the Man City team are coming back from the international break and this can be tough. This could be Crystal Palace’s chance for a breakthrough result and to get some momentum going.
I don’t think they will win the game, but I feel it will end in a 1-1 draw. This could be a pretty promising result.
The odds are 10/1, so I’m going to call this out as my value bet of the weekend games.
Aston Villa v Brighton, Saturday, 15:00pm
I like Aston Villa as a team and their manager Dean Smith. They have been unlucky in some games this season where they should have won and failed to do so.
They put out a good performance against Norwich previously with a 5-1 win. I think this win will have given them a boost of confidence to carry into their next game against Brighton this weekend. With this in mind, I predict a narrow 2-1 Aston Villa win.
Matthew Longstaff’s debut for Newcastle
Matthew Longstaff looked like a very decent and capable footballer in his last game with Newcastle.
To score a goal in his debut against Man Utd is a fantastic achievement. It comes down to whether he can carry this through to not only the rest of this season but seasons in the future.
He has the ability and most young players who make it to getting a first appearance can be great, it just boils down to whether he has the dedication and a good head on his shoulders to keep himself there for the long haul.
My 1-2-Free predictions this weekend are:
Crystal Palace v Man City: 1-1 draw
Hearts v Rangers: 1-3 Rangers win
Man Utd v Liverpool: 0-2 Liverpool win
Kevin’s 5-Fold ACCA price
My Five-Fold ACCA comes in at 9.38/1!
- Chelsea v Newcastle: Chelsea win
- Liverpool v Man Utd: Liverpool win
- Leeds v Birmingham: Leeds win
- Tottenham v Watford: Tottenham win
- Aston Villa v Brighton: Aston Villa win
Check out the latest Ladbrokes Premier League odds here!
1-2-Free – Terms & Conditions
Before claiming this sports promotion it is important that you read these promotional terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information about the terms on which this promotion can be claimed. You will be required to agree to these promotional terms & conditions when claiming this sports promotion. In particular, please familiarise yourself with the restrictions summarised below.These Promotional Terms & Conditions apply to this Sports Promotion. They should be read alongside our General Website Terms & Conditions. These terms can be accessed here:https://help.ladbrokes.com/s/article/LB-Website-Terms-and-Conditions
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk