Kevin Doyle has his say on Premier League Matchday 8
We are well into the Premier League season and with some disappointing results last weekend as well as some interesting games on the horizon I cover it all in my blog this week.
Man United v Arsenal recap
There was a lot of misplaced passes and no real rhythm to the game. It was a fair result but both teams look to be struggling at the moment. Arsenal will take a positive in securing a point away from home, but neither team seemed to be enjoying the game. They are two teams who are lacking in confidence and quality and in permanent transition regarding players and managers. Both teams are looking for something to get them through the season and into the top four.
Upcoming weekend fixtures
Man City v Wolves
I watched Wolves play Man City last season and they caused them some problems. However, this season Man City are playing a different ball game. It would be great for Nuno Espirito Santo if Wolves got the win, a lot of people including myself have them as their outsider to do well this season and sneak into the top six. But I think Man City at home will be too strong for them and will get the win.
Newcastle v Man United
I feel both teams are struggling at the minute. Newcastle had a tough defeat, 5-0 to Leicester last weekend. When you hear rumours coming out of Newcastle not knowing tactics or enjoying training, it’s not a good sign. There is pressure on both managers and seeing as both teams are in a difficult position, I see this game ending in a draw.
Liverpool v Leicester
Leicester have had a good season so far and are probably a good enough and a confident enough team to go out and beat Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers will be wanting his team to be in top form and do well in this game. In my opinion if anyone was to cause an upset to one of the big teams, I think it will be Leicester against Liverpool this weekend. This is the game I am most looking forward to watching as I can see Leicester going there and causing them more trouble than other teams have.
Southampton v Chelsea – *My banker this weekend*
Chelsea were my banker last weekend and thankfully they didn’t let me down, so I am going to stick with them again this week. They are settling down under Frank Lampard, having more confidence and looking more dangerous. Going to Southampton they should be able to continue with this run of form.
They are seventh in the table and a win at the weekend might get them into the top four. It won’t be easy going to St. Mary’s Stadium but I think Chelsea will take the win. Lampard seems to have turned a corner and you imagine they will be able to go there and get the victory.
John McGinn is on the
John McGinn is a great midfielder. He is direct and likes to go forward and scored goals in the last two games he’s played. He’s an all-rounder someone who passes forward and isn’t afraid to score and get in the box himself. The difference between a good player and a top player is whether he can keep it up for the full season. If he can keep that form up, he won’t stay with Aston Villa in the future he will be somewhere bigger.
Tammy Abraham’s improving his all-round game
Strikers are less and less involved in scoring, it is more about how they are involved in the rest of play. How they bring people into the game, how they hold a ball up and close from the front. All round game is more important than ever for a centre forward and I think Tammy Abraham has that. In those games he hasn’t scored he’s still looked to be involved in the play.
This is important because if you don’t get the chance to score a goal, you won’t get any game time for 90 minutes. He seems to be able to contribute in other ways and that is crucial if he wants to stay with Chelsea long term.
My 1-2-Free predictions for this weekend are:
West Ham v Crystal Palace: 2-2
Southampton v Chelsea: 1-2 Chelsea < My banker this weekend
Newcastle v Man Utd: 1-1
My Five-Fold ACCA
My Five-Fold ACCA for this weekend is:
- Southampton v Chelsea: Chelsea win
- Man City v Wolves: Man City win
- Watford v Sheffield United: Sheffield United win
- Preston v Barnsley: Preston win
- Nottm Forest v Brentford: Nottm Forest win
That’s my take on it. I will be back next week with further thoughts and predictions around next week’s round of upcoming matches on my weekly Ladbrokes Blog!
Check out the latest Ladbrokes Premier League odds here!
1-2-Free – Terms & Conditions
Before claiming this sports promotion it is important that you read these promotional terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information about the terms on which this promotion can be claimed. You will be required to agree to these promotional terms & conditions when claiming this sports promotion. In particular, please familiarise yourself with the restrictions summarised below.These Promotional Terms & Conditions apply to this Sports Promotion. They should be read alongside our General Website Terms & Conditions. These terms can be accessed here:https://help.ladbrokes.com/s/article/LB-Website-Terms-and-Conditions
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk