Kevin Doyle has his say on Premier League Matchday 10
Man City v Aston Villa, Saturday @ 12:30
Playing on their home pitch this weekend, I think Man City will have too much for Aston Villa. Man City’s last game against Crystal Palace was tough for them but they got the job done winning the game 2-0.
Aston Villa had been playing well earlier in this season but had not been getting the deserved results.
However, they are starting to get some speed and momentum going and Dean Smith has them playing positive football. They are starting to come together as a decent Premier League outfit.
I have a feeling Aston Villa will not be expecting to win this weekend and will keep themselves in the game for as long as possible and put in a decent performance.
Carrying their positive midweek Champions League momentum, I see it ending in a comfortable 3-0 Man City win.
West Ham v Sheffield Utd, Saturday @ 15:00
With West Ham playing at home this weekend, I feel the game is going to go in their favour.
Looking at some key players in both teams, David McGoldrick may not score a lot of goals for Sheffield Utd but he is an important player for the team.
He doesn’t seem to get hot and bothered and has a calming demeanour on the team which is very important.
Mark Noble (Mr. West Ham) has been with the team for fifteen years and is still as important now as he was when he first started; I admire him a lot for that consistency.
Although Sheffield secured a great win at home to Arsenal on Monday, I still see West Ham having enough at home and securing a possible 2-1 win against the Blades.
Liverpool v Spurs, Sunday @ 16:30
I enjoy watching both of these teams play. However, there is no doubt Tottenham have been struggling.
They look tired and as if they are carrying a hangover from getting to the Champions League Final. I feel they are going to struggle not only in this game facing Liverpool, but for the rest for the season.
Heading to Anfield this weekend, they need to have more energy and enthusiasm going onto the pitch.
But I don’t think this will be enough for the team as Liverpool will want to regain their winning streak after drawing to Man Utd last weekend. Liverpool will go onto the pitch full steam ahead playing their best men; my prediction for this game is a 3-1 Liverpool win.
Norwich v Man United, Sunday @ 16:30
As a Man Utd fan there is some positivity to come from last weekend’s drawn game against Liverpool. The team didn’t play particularly well, but to get a score against a strong Liverpool team is a positive result.
The problem is now lying in 14th place they are getting closer to the relegation zone instead of moving up the table, and this is becoming a nightmare for the team which is always going to be judged on results.
Looking ahead to this weekend’s game against Norwich, I don’t expect a spectacular game from either team.
But I feel Man Utd should be able to take home the away win with Rashford hopefully putting in another decent performance up front. I am going to call it narrow a 2-1 Man Utd win which is 13/2 with Ladbrokes.
Newcastle v Wolves, Sunday @ 14:00
Newcastle are playing at home this weekend and always get great support from their fans.
But is this going to be enough to beat a stronger Wolves team who have been picking up their game the last few weeks? I don’t think so. For this game I can see it ending in a close Wolves away win.
Burnley v Chelsea, Saturday @ 17:30
Chelsea head to Turf Moor this weekend which is always a tough place for any away team to play as Burnley have such good support from their fans.
I am especially glad to see Burnley having Robbie Brady back on the pitch after a long break.
Burnley being five points behind Chelsea in the table could add pressure to this game as both teams know what is at stake. I am going to call this game as a 1-1 draw.
Who is the underdog in the Premier League?
I think Leicester could be the underdog in the Premier League this season. They are doing well and are sitting comfortably in third position on the table.
Their manager Brendan Rodgers has done well since he has been there and is getting the team playing some good football. I don’t see them staying in third position but can see them finishing in the top six.
My five-fold acca this weekend
Liverpool v Tottenham: Liverpool win
Arsenal v Crystal Palace: Arsenal win
Hull v Derby: Hull win
Preston v Blackburn: Preston win
Man City v Aston Villa: Man City win
My 1-2-Free picks
Burnley v Chelsea – 1-1 Draw
Newcastle v Wolves – 1-2 Wolves win
Liverpool v Tottenham – 3-1 Liverpool win
Check out the latest Ladbrokes Premier League odds here!
|1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal. |
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk