Watford v West Ham: Mid-table freedom leads to goal-happy encounter
They’ve each flirted briefly with relegation this season, but with as the 2016-17 campaign enters it’s final stretch, both Watford and West Ham look safe for another year. And that means we could be in for an entertaining affair at Vicarage Road.
After a dismal start to the season, the Irons have been trotting along very nicely, and have picked up just five points fewer than Manchester City across the last 19 games.
The Hammers appear galvanized since Dimitri Payet wanted out, and their only defeats in 2017 have come against the money-rich duo from Manchester.
There are still lapses – the 4-0 hammering by the Citizens was notably poor – but with six wins from 10, West Ham are in much better form than their hosts.
Watford have won just twice in that spell, though the 2-1 victory at Arsenal both highlighted both their potential and their inconsistency in equal measure.
But what we do see in Hornets games is goals.
Only three sides have seen both teams score in more games than Watford this season, and it’s 8/11 that each goalkeeper is beaten again here.
And both teams sit in the top-half when it comes to goals per game. The Hammers are averaging over three goals in their fixtures, with Watford right behind on 2.8.
So then, over 2.5 goals should be backed with confidence at 10/11, while backing over 3.5 at 12/5 should be considered too – especially since the pair played out a 4-2 cracker at the London Stadium in September.
Watford claimed the points that day, but West Ham are vastly improved five months on, and they’re scoring plenty too.
The Hammers hit four against Swansea, while Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough and Sunderland all had three put past them.
He may have lost Payet, but Bilic has been revelling since Andy Carroll came back from injury. The Geordie hitman has four goals in his last four appearances, and is 5/1 favourite to net first.
Troy Deeney is another striker in form, and the Watford number nine is 6/1 to bag the opener having found the net in three of his last four.
And for those who can’t resist a player scoring against his former club, Mauro Zarate is your man.
Watford signed the skilful winger from Fiorentina in January, and the 29-year-old is 13/2 to open the scoring against the Hammers, where he spent two seasons.
And ahead of the game, we’re offering a range of price boosts, including Andy Carroll to score and West Ham to win at 4/1 while we’re 7/2 that a penalty is awarded at any time.
Click here for all our Watford versus West Ham odds and offers.
Plus – Are you having a bet on the big Saturday tea-time game?
Bet £20 In-Play on Watford v West Ham and get a free £10 In-Play Bet on Tottenham v Stoke (KO 14:00 Sunday)!*
Terms and Conditions
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Watford v West Ham (KO 17:30) on Saturday 25th February at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free in-play bet of £/€10 to redeem on Tottenham v Stoke (Sunday 26th February, 14:00).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Watford v West Ham which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Tottenham v Stoke.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on Tottenham v Stoke on Sunday 26th February.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing