Man United to fast-track bid for Fiorentina ace
Manchester United are set to step up their interest in Fiorentina winger Federico Bernardeschi amid reports that the 22-year-old is attracting admiring glances from elsewhere.
United are said to have run the rule over the Italy international several times this season but are now moving up their timeline to make a £22m bid as soon as the transfer window opens.
According to Italian publication La Nazione, a bid will be sanctioned by the Old Trafford board if La Viola fail to qualify for the Champions League.
The player’s agent Beppe Bozzo claims he has already received several enquiries for Bernardeschi but says he will urge his client to move for football rather than financial reasons.
“He’s grown a lot, thanks to Paulo Sousa. He’s a coach who gives confidence to his young players, as it happens abroad,” he said.
“There have been offers, but I think Bernardeschi is playing in the elite of Italian football and should think more about playing than the money or the prestige of other clubs.”
Bernardeschi has caught the eye with seven goals for Fiorentina so far this season and seen his impressive form rewarded with two Italy caps ahead of this summer’s Euro 2016 tournament.
United are next in action at home to Crystal Palace on Wednesday and the hosts are 8/15 to follow up their win over Aston Villa with another three points.
Palace can be backed to further dent United’s top four hopes with a win at 11/2, while a share of the spoils is priced up at 3/1.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.