Take on the Professor: Both contestants plumping for Palace to end poor run
The Premier League is back this weekend and with his batteries recharged The Professor is feeling fresh and ready for his next challenge.
It seems a long time ago since our bearded genius last put his tipping skills to the test. Leicester’s demolition job of Manchester City was the fixture in question and, as hindsight is a wonderful thing, we’ll let him off for calling it a draw.
And now, undeterred by that minor setback, The Prof is looking to bounce back.
Crystal Palace fan @LeeCPFC is this week’s opponent ahead of his team’s upcoming clash against West Brom.
It’s fair to say the Eagles have been in pretty poor Premier League form of late but both of our tipsters are still prepared to back them.
Before we get onto the predictions, here’s a reminder of how the competition is shaping up. This contest marks the end of the ‘regular season’ as it were. Will our Palace fanatic make the final stage?
As ever our contestant has been given a £25 FREE BET to use as he wishes ahead of the big game.
And in case you can’t remember, here’s how it all works…
For each correct pick, the entrant will be awarded the odds paid out on that selection.
For example, a correct 20/1 selection will reward 20 points. There will be no penalty for an incorrect selection.
So, here’s how our delightful duo are calling the action…
There’s always logic behind the Prof’s predictions and here’s what he’s got to say about this weekend’s picks…
West Brom have only scored 24 goals in 26 games and only twice in their previous five league encounters. Palace have won more games on the road this season (five) than at home.
Only two of the pair’s 10 previous clashes have featured over 2.5 goals with the last two meetings yielding wins to nil.
Emmanuel Adebayor has won five, drawn three and only lost one of his previous games against West Brom. He’s netted twice during that period but can build-upon his strike against Watford and improve that ratio this weekend.
How do you think they’ll get on? Join in the conversation via @Ladbrokes!
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– Scores will be settled based on the pre-match odds given directly before kick-off of the stated game.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.