Take on the Professor: Villa fan predicts fightback against Arsenal
Aston Villa boss Remi Garde is set to face the man who initially brought him to English shores back in 1996 but how will his struggling side fare against Arsenal?
Arsene Wenger’s side were heroic in midweek, defeating Olymipiacos 3-0 in Greece to secure an miraculous passage to the knockout stages in this season’s Champions League.
However, now they return to domestic action with Premier League bottom dwellers Villa their hosts on Sunday afternoon.
We’ve roped in @charlcox6 to give his predictions and take on our bearded genius.
He’ll have to go some to beat the in-form Prof although there is just one previous contestant out in front…
As ever our contestant been given a £25 FREE BET to use as he wishes ahead of the big game.
And in terms of the competition’s format, it’s pretty simple.
For each correct pick, the entrant will be awarded the odds paid out on that selection.
For example, a correct 20/1 selection will reward 20 points. There will be no penalty for an incorrect selection.
Here’s how they’re calling it:
Our Claret and Blue friend thinks his boys can keep the Gunners at bay. But The Prof isn’t so sure.
This is how he sees it…
Arsenal have won 10 of the pair’s last 13 Premier League encounters. Villa are rooted to the bottom of the table with just one win from 15 games and they’ve lost 13 of last 17 top-flight matches.
Each of the pair’s previous six meetings in all competitions have featured three goals or more.
- Olivier Giroud has opened the scoring in six games so far this season
How do you think they’ll get on? Join in the conversation via @Ladbrokes!
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– Scores will be settled based on the pre-match odds given directly before kick-off of the stated game.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets