Professor’s XI: ‘Mad for it’ Manchester Derby day quiz answers
All eyes will be on Old Trafford this Sunday with the two titans of Manchester set to go toe-to-toe once again in what is sure to be a heated derby encounter between the pair.
Manchester United go into the game as slight favourites for victory with their Sky Blue rivals enduring something of a mid-season malaise going into this fixture.
But while the game itself is sure to throw up plenty in the way of excitement, we’ve decided to stoke the fires even further with a special Manchester Derby quiz – and here are the answers.
So get ready to test your knowledge of all things red and blue.
- 1. Which three non-UK players have appeared for both Manchester United and Manchester City?
Andrei Kanchelskis, Peter Schmeichel and Carlos Tevez
- 2. What is the record margin of victory in any Manchester Derby? (I.e. By how many goals)
- 3. Where is Manchester City legend Shaun Goater from?
- 4. What has been the scoreline in Manchester United’s last two non-Premier League derby wins?
- 5. Before Yaya Toure, who was the last African footballer to score in a Manchester Derby?
- 6. What do Steve Coppell and Mark Hughes have in common when it comes to Manchester City and Manchester United?
Both have played for Manchester United but managed Manchester City
- 7. Who was the last player to move from one Manchester club to the other?
- 8. How many people have managed both Manchester clubs?
- 9. Which player holds the record for scoring the most goals in Manchester derbies?
- 10. Name the three players to have featured in the Manchester Derby, Milan Derby and El Clasico
Robinho, Laurent Blanc and David Beckham
- 11. An established England international in my day, I am also the only player to have featured for both top-flight teams in Liverpool and Manchester – who am I?
- Peter Beardsley
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.