The Professor’s Premier League XI: Opening Day Quiz
1. Who scored the first ever Premier League goal back at the start of the 1992/93 season?
2. Alan Hansen famously said Manchester United “can’t win anything with kids” after the Red Devils suffered defeat to which team on the opening day of the 1995/96 campaign?
3. Who scored twice on their debut for Blackburn Rovers against Crystal Palace on the opening weekend of the first ever Premier League season?
4. Name the Champions League winner who netted a hat-trick on the opening day against Liverpool back in August 1996?
5. How many times in the history of the Premier League have all three promoted sides tasted victory on the first day of the season?
6. Which former England player and Champions League winner netted the only goal when Nottingham Forest beat Tottenham in the first televised Premier League game?
7. Can you list the two Premier League players, one current and one retired, who share the record for scoring the most goals in the history of Premier League opening day encounters?
8. Who holds the record for achieving the most clean sheets from opening day games in the Premier League?
9. Four games share the record for being the highest scoring opening day matches in the history of the Premier League – how many goals were scored in each of these encounters?
10. Which returning Premier League star holds the record for scoring the last hat-trick on an opening day?
11. Only one player has ever scored three goals and been on the losing side in an opening day encounter in the Premier League – can you name the player and the club?
Click here for the answers!
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £100 in free bets.