The Professor’s World Cup XI: Semi-Final Quiz Special – Answers
1. England conceded their first goal of the 1966 World Cup in the semis against which European side?
2. Can you name the last four host nations, not including Brazil, to have reached the semi-finals?
Germany, South Korea, France and Italy
3. Who was the last team to win a World Cup semi-final on penalties?
4. Laurent Blanc picked up his first ever red card after clashing with whom in a 1998 semi-final?
Slaven Bilic of Croatia
5. Which two Italian players scored the goals that saw the Azzurri beat Germany in the semis of 2006?
Fabio Grosso and Alessandro Del Piero
6. What was the score when Holland last played Argentina at a World Cup?
Argentina 0-0 Holland (2006)
7. Can you list the goalscorers from Brazil’s last World Cup meeting with Germany?
Ronaldo scored both goals in a 2-0 win in the final in 2002
8. Who did Brazil beat with a goal from Romario in the 1994 World Cup semi-finals?
9. Six host nations have gone on to win the World Cup – name them
Uruguay, Italy, England, West Germany, Argentina, France
10. How many times have Holland reached the semi-finals of the World Cup without winning it?
11. Can you name the only team in World Cup history to win every game en route to the title and the year they did it?
Brazil in 2002
How did you score?
1-2 – Time to go back to school.
2-4 – Good but not great.
5-7 – Woah! You’re half way there!
8-9 – You’re a World Cup all-star!
10-11 – We’re very, very impressed
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £100 in free bets.