The Professor’s World Cup XI: It’s about England answers
1. Which two South American nations has David Beckham scored trademark free kicks against at previous World Cups?
Colombia (1998) and Ecuador (2006)
2. Name the former Chelsea player who missed a penalty in England’s 1998 second round shootout with Argentina.
3. Can you name the three members of Uruguay’s squad who played in the Premier League last season?
Diego Lugano (West Bromwich Albion), Gaston Ramirez (Southampton) and Luis Suarez (Liverpool)
4. Who was the Argentina defender that conceded a penalty against England at the 2002 World Cup for a foul on Michael Owen?
5. What was the score when England played Uruguay at the 1966 World Cup?
6. Guess the player: This former Inter Milan favourite, who also had loan spells with Venezia and Torino, played and scored for Uruguay against Senegal at the 2002 World Cup. He also spent time in Greece before heading home, where he is currently still playing at the ripe old age of 38!
7. Argentina and England traded penalties in the opening half of their 1998 World Cup classic – can you name the respective scorers?
Gabriel Batistuta and Alan Shearer
8. What has been the most frequent scoreline when England have played South American opposition at a World Cup finals?
1-0 to England
9. Which member of Uruguay’s 2002 World Cup squad retired from the game in 2006 after a short spell with Portsmouth in the Premier League?
10. Can you name the Uruguayan Primera Division side that shares its name with a Premier League club?
11. Identify the penalty-scoring Uruguayan in this picture
How did you score?
1-2 – Time to go back to school.
2-4 – Good but not great.
5-7 – Woah! You’re half way there!
8-9 – You’re a World Cup all-star!
10-11 – We’re very, very impressed
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £100 in free bets.