King of the Stats – all the numbers for the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy
The second round of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy is on the verge of kicking off and below are some promising statistics that may help punters in their quest to make some money on the competition.
• 0 – Portsmouth have never won a game in the competition, with their only prior game coming in the first round when drawing with Bournemouth after 90 minutes. They can be backed at 4/6 to get a first victory in round two over Wycombe.
• 1 – Crewe were the only team to win at home inside 90 minutes in the second round of the competition from within the Northern section of the draw last year. Doncaster look the most likely to achieve something similar this year and are 5/6 to beat Chesterfield.
• 2 – Crewe are the only side still in this year’s competition who have made the Johnstone Paint Trophy quarter finals in each of the last two years. It is 12/5 they do so for a third time with a win at Shrewsbury.
• 4 – There have been at least four goals scored in Torquay’s last three home games with rivals Yeovil. 2/1 is the price that over 3.5 goals are scored again here.
• 6 – Both teams have scored in all six career meetings between Southend and Dagenham and Redbridge, with Southend unbeaten in this stretch. It is 5/2 that Southend win in a match where both teams are on target.
• 7 – Rochdale have scored in their last seven Roses derbies with Bury on their own patch, scoring exactly one on five of these occasions. It is a skinny 2/9 that Rochdale score at least once again.
• 8 – Chesterfield are unbeaten in eight matches in the competition inside 90 minutes, including their victory last year. If Doncaster beating Chesterfield is given as a no bet, it is 11/10 that Chesterfield win and 4/6 that the match goes into extra time.
• 10 – Notts County’s away win at Scunthorpe in the first round was their first triumph in the competition for ten years since the 2001/02 season. They host tournament favourites Sheffield United next and are outsiders to triumph.
All odds and markets accurate as of publication’s time and date