King Of Stats: all of the numbers as England travel to Poland
After failing to really run riot in the manner expected in the 5-0 victory over San Marino, England fans will be keen that another three points are secured as a minimum in Poland in their next World Cup qualifier.
These statistics may help identify if an England victory is on the cards in the Group H meeting.
• 2 – England have only lost two of their last 20 World Cup qualifiers away from home. England are 8/1 to stick with the number two and beat Poland 2-0.
• 4 – England have scored the last goal of the game in all four of their internationals since the end of Euro 2012. Wayne Rooney is 9/2 to strike last here and is almost guaranteed to play 90 minutes unless England are coasting.
• 6 – England have won six of their last seven meetings with Poland, with the Poles triumphing just once in their total of 17 international showdowns with England. England are 1/1 to win this Group H encounter.
• 9 – Goals have been scored in both halves of nine of the last 12 meetings between the pair, with two of these games to go against the trend finishing 0-0. 5/6 is the price that goals are scored either side of half-time again.
• 10 – 10 of Poland’s last 12 outings have seen no more than two goals scored and one of the exceptions came at home to whipping boys Andorra. Under 2.5 goals again against England can be backed at 8/13.
• 32 – The number of Bundesliga goals scored by Robert Lewandowski in the last two seasons. Only Mario Gomez and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar have managed more. Lewandowski is 7/4 to score against England in the 90 minutes and the pressure will be additionally on his shoulders as Jakub Blaszczykowski is missing with an ankle injury, after three goals in Poland’s last six games.
• 40 – Poland have fallen behind in their last two games with England, only to equalise somewhere between the 40th and 50th minute. It is 10/1 that Poland’s first goal comes in this 10-minute band in Warsaw.
• 99 – Steven Gerrard returns to captain the side and win his 99th England cap. He is 9/1 to mark the occasion with the opening goal.
All odds and markets accurate as of publication’s time and date