With England bowing out of the U21 Euro Championships our resident sports boffin has decided to turn his back of the footy – for this week at least – and instead focus his attention toward Wimbledon.
The bearded genius had his ego bruised last week after his stats failed to deliver a win at the US Open but never one to shy away from a challenge he is ready to return to winning ways with his SW19 picks.
Hoping to thwart The Professor’s victorious comeback and win a £25 FREE BET though is @jomarise.
The competition may be different but the format remains simple. Each contestant will predict the finishing position of the top five favourites in the Men’s and Women’s Singles tournaments with one point awarded for each correct prediction. The player with the highest cumulative total wins!
Let’s see what our profound pair are putting up…
Want to see how the Prof comes up with his picks? Here’s a brief insight into his methods.
Andy Murray: Winner – Murray comes into Wimbledon off the back of comfortably his best clay court season and a fourth title at Queen’s. He may have come up short against Djokovic at Roland Garros but has won both of their previous meetings on grass.
Rafael Nadal: Quarter-Final – Nadal has endured a torrid time in recent months and is now seeded to reach only the fourth round. He should still have enough to see off clay-court specialist David Ferrer once there, but Murray on grass is a different proposition.
Maria Sharapova: First Round – Despite having the weapons to succeed at Wimbledon, Sharapova has only made it to the last eight once since 2006. The Russian often starts matches slowly and could be made to pay by Britain’s Johanna Konta who will be full of confidence after beating two top 20 players this week in Makarova and Muguruza.
Serena Williams: Winner – Although Serena failed to reach the quarter-finals of the last two Championships, she remains the one to beat on grass. The younger Williams sister has won both Slams this year, so it’s hard to oppose the World number one on her favoured surface.
Terms and Conditions:
- You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.2. One winning participant, selected at random, will be contacted via Twitter and asked to submit predictions for the top five favourites in the betting for the men and women’s tournaments at Wimbledon, and how far each will progress.3. Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance of the first match on Monday.
4. Players will be asked to predict the stage of elimination for each of the top 5 players (according to the betting) in the men and women’s tournaments at Wimbledon. For example, Novak Djokovic winner, Andy Murray runner up, Rafael Nadal 2nd round, Roger Federer semi-final, Stanislas Wawrinka 1st round.
5. Players will receive 1 point for each player they correctly predict. If predicting a finalist, prediction must state if that player will be the winner or runner-up.
6. Free bet token will be valid for 7 days.
7. Free bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single on any sport and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A free bet token cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your free bet, the remaining value of the free bet will be void.
8. Free bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with free bets.
9. Redeemed free bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
10. Free bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
11. Ladbrokes reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time.
12. Free bet tokens can be redeemed online or on mobile.
13. Ladbrokes reserves the right to restrict bonuses to individual customers at its discretion.
14. Free bet restrictions : Free bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product (Casino, Poker, Bingo, Games, Live Casino, Lottos, Virtuals, Vegas, Exchange).
15. Free bets cannot be used to fund Tote, pool or Lottery bets.
16. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
17. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Ireland only betting on their respective language sites to a maximum of £/€25 Free Bet (or currency equivalent).
18. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
19. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions Ladbrokes reserve the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
20. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full T&Cs please click here.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.