Welcome along to the fourth in our weekly series of Fitba Crazy, a celebration of good old fashioned terrace banter and a chance for fans north of the border to test their tartan trivia.
We’ll be taking you around the grounds, stopping off to chat with fans of all 42 SPFL clubs.
How much do supporters in Scotland really know about their clubs and the national team?
We’re going to find out as we get closer to the fans across all four divisions of the SPFL.
Stepping up to the plate this week is Andrew-Henry Bowie, as he tells us why he loves Hearts. As well as being a published author, he is also one of the top dogs over at Jambos Kickback.
Andrew has had his ode to his club, Two Miles to Tynecastle, and even managed to get club legend Gary Mackay to write him the foreword.
He’s been sharing with us his passion for the Jam Tarts and testing his knowledge of all things ‘fitba’…
– Describe your club in three words? Illustrious, revered, romantic
– Any pre-match superstitions? I simply have to go to the Diggers Bar for several pints with my friends before every game. I need to go after too in order not to jinx the next match.
– What is the funniest thing you have witnessed at a football match? Not a game I was at, but I still cry with laughter at the Chris Kamara missing the red card clip. It’s absolutely brilliant (Ed. Kammy will be chuffed about that!)
– Best away day and why? I used to love the old terracing at Easter Road when there would be around 10,000 Hearts fans in the Dunbar End. When Hearts scored, there were always crazy celebrations there, none better when Wayne Foster tucked away a late winning goal v Hibs in the Scottish Cup.
– If your team could bring back one former player – who would it be? For me, it would have to be my all-time favourite Hearts player, Rudi Skacel. He was just ridiculously good and scored loads of great goals for us.
– Have you ever seen anyone famous at the football? I went to the Santiago Bernabeu once and saw Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Raul, Figo, Beckham and the best player in the world, Zinedine Zidane. The stadium wasn’t bad either. Real Madrid won 4-0.
– Best chant you have heard on the terraces? I would recommend anyone reading this to type ‘Hearts Song @ Feyenoord’ into YouTube. (Or see below)
– Which player from your division would you like in your team? I’d like Adam Rooney of Aberdeen. Their signing policy in the last couple of seasons has been pretty impressive.
– Side you enjoy beating the most and why? There’s nothing quite like beating Hibs. Fortunately, I’ve enjoyed a lot of these occasions in the 33 years I’ve supported the club, not least when we destroyed them twice at Hampden Park.
– What’s the single best thing about Scottish football? At the moment, I would say Ann Budge. She’s done such a good job at Hearts, that I really think she should be running the whole of Scottish football.
– Matchday pie of choice – Scotch, Mince or Steak? I usually buy a nuclear hot steak pie at Tynecastle with a little sachet of ketchup.
And here’s the quiz…
1. Hearts recorded an astonishing 10-0 victory over Cowdenbeath in February, but who scored a first half hat-trick in this match?
Andrew-Henry: Genaro Zeefuik CORRECT!
2. Which Northern Irishman scored 13 goals for the Jam Tarts in the 2000/2001 season?
Andrew-Henry: Andy Kirk CORRECT!
3. Which team knocked Hearts out of the 1961 European Cup, and then went on to win the competition?
Andrew-Henry: Benfica CORRECT!
4. From which side did Hearts sign their star striker Juanma from?
Andrew-Henry: Kalloni CORRECT!
5. Who was in caretaker charge of Hearts for four matches in 2006, he is the only Russian to have ever managed in the SPL?
Andrew-Henry: Eduard Malofeyev CORRECT!
Scottish Football Section
6. Who is currently the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premiership?
Andrew-Henry: Derek McInnes CORRECT!
7. I played my entire career with Celtic, I was capped 76 times for Scotland and scored 9 international goals and I was named the 1988 Scottish PFA Player of the Year…who am I?
Andrew-Henry: Paul McStay CORRECT!
8. Which Scottish league club play their games at Galabank?
Andrew-Henry: Annan CORRECT!
9. Rangers signed which player from Ajax, for a fee of £8.5 million in 2001?
Andrew-Henry: Frank de Boer WRONG! It’s Shota Arveladze
10. Which former Hibs manager is now in charge at Greenock Morton?
Andrew-Henry: Jim Duffy CORRECT!
Andrew-Henry: Billy Dodds CORRECT!
Andrew-Henry: Gavin Rae CORRECT!
Andrew-Henry: Chris Martin WRONG! It’s Don Cowie
Andrew-Henry: Craig Beattie CORRECT!
Andrew-Henry’s total score: 12/15
Lovely stuff from Hearts fan Andrew-Henry Bowie, that score moves him into joint second place along with their opponents this weekend Killie!
Next we are heading to their Edinburgh rivals, as it’s the turn of Hibees fan Stuart McClelland to have his moment in the spotlight. With no Edinburgh Derby to contest this season, it’s one of the only chances for the fans to get one over the other…
Ladbrokes – #BackingScottishFootball
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.