Limerick racecourse hosts The John Thomas McNamara Ladbrokes Munster National this Sunday. Rather than trolling through the form, here are 5 quick facts about the race that might make your punting easier.
1. Where’s the money going? The antepost money midweek was for two horses. Firstly, there’s the favourite, Wrath Of Titans, who comes seeking a hat-trick and off the back of winning the Kerry National at Listowel.
And then there’s Federici, who is locally trained by the popular Enda Bolger.
2. Apart from Wrath Of Titans, there are two other National winners in the line-up. Midlands National 16 length winner Tulsa Jack, who has been run twice over hurdles since that victory and Irish Grand National winner Rogue Angel, who has had just one run since winning the Fairyhouse highlight.
3. Trainer track records. Noel Meade has won this race three times before and will be represented by Tulsa Jack, but Mouse Morris achieved double the accolade with half a dozen Munster National trophies on his mantlepiece.
He has the previously mentioned Rogue Angel to represent him, as well as Folsom Blue, who went off favourite on his last run in the Kerry National before being pulled up.
4. Team Elliot is a quartet. Gordon has never won the contest before and has the top-rated, Grade 1 winning Clarcam, carrying 11 stone 9, the favourite Wrath Of Titans, Tiger Roll, who’s been the bridesmaid on his last three runs in Novice Chases and Killer Crow, who’ll be wearing cheekpieces for the first time.
5. In form Henry De Bromhead also goes to war with four. One of those is Galway Blazers winner On Fiddlers Green, who’s a course winner.
Stellar Notion won on his first run for the trainer after coming from the UK, Elegant Statesman, the sole McManus representative and King Of Brega, a winner over fences at the track. Henry won the race last year with Sadler’s Risk, who won at 14/1 shouldering 11 stone 6.
Click here for the latest JT McNamara Ladbrokes Munster National odds.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing