1. Which South American nation did England beat to set up their 1986 quarter final meeting with Argentina at the World Cup?
England beat Paraguay 3-0 in the second round of the 1986 World Cup.
2. Can you name all of the goalscorers when England lost to Argentina at France ’98?
Gabriel Batistuta, Alan Shearer, Michael Owen and Javier Zanetti.
3. Paul Scholes has only scored one World Cup goal – who was it against?
Scholes scored in England’s 2-0 group stage win over Tunisia in 1998.
4. Which three players missed penalties for England against Portugal at the 2006 World Cup?
Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher
5. Which two Portuguese players missed in the same shootout?
Hugo Viana and Armando Petit
6. Wayne Rooney was sent off for a deliberate foul on which Portuguese player in 2006?
7. Which three players scored penalties for England against Germany at the 1990 World Cup?
Gary Lineker, Peter Beardsley and David Platt
8. Who did Andreas Brehme’s free-kick deflect in off against England for Germany’s goal in 1990?
9. Who was the last England manager that failed to guide the Three Lions to a World Cup?
10. Which English club connects Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson?
11. How many times have Germany knocked England out of the World Cup?
Three – 2010, 1990, 1970
How did you score?
1-2 – Time to go back to school.
2-4 – Good but not great.
5-7 – Woah! You’re half way there!
8-9 – You’re a World Cup all-star!
10-11 – We’re very, very impressed
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £100 in free bets.