England look set to continue their unmatched 13-game winning streak in tournament qualification as Gareth Southgate leads the Three Lions out for the first time against Malta.
Having netted a whopping 31 goals in qualifying en route to Euro 2016, England are sure to prove too strong for a Falcons side who have lost 5-1 to Scotland and 6-0 to the Czech Republic in their last four games.
That disparity in quality is summed up in the match betting, with the hosts 1/40 for victory, while the draw is 20/1 and an earth-shattering Maltese victory priced at 50/1.
So with a home victory seemingly just a formality, the best value lies in the correct score and player markets.
The Three Lions scored four or more times in three games en route to the Euros, including 5-0 and 6-0 victories over Minnows San Marino.
Fellow minnows Malta have picked up just eight points from their last 40 qualifying games, meaning a similar scoreline is likely tonight, with 5-0 (5/1) and 6-0 (13/2) both attractively priced.
Meanwhile, it’s 7/5 for Wayne Rooney and Jamie Vardy to both find the net against the leaky Maltese defence.
The 30-year-old scored seven times in eight games en route to France this summer, while the Leicester City hitman was on the scoresheet against Wales in Lens – so they’re likely to fill their boots against a side ranked below Vanuatu and Aruba in the FIFA World Rankings, in 176th spot.
And having notched up doubles against the likes of San Marino, Andorra and Kazakhstan in previous qualifying campaigns, the 2/1 for Rooney to chalk up two or more goals this evening looks like being the best bet of all.
However, you can rest easy if Malta do get on the scoresheet, thanks to our fantastic Money Back offer.
1. If the England v Malta match on Saturday 8 October ends with Malta scoring against England we will refund losing bets on that match (as detailed in term 4) up to £/€25 per market, as Free Bets.
2. Available to new and existing Online, Mobile, Tablet, SMS and Shop customers excluding shops in Scotland. The offer does not apply to bets placed through Telebetting, BetStation, the Ladbrokes Exchange or shops located in Scotland.
3. Offer applies to Single bets only. Refunds will not apply to any Multiple bets.
4. Offer applies to bets placed for England v Malta on the following markets before kick-off: Correct Score and First Player to score.
5. Any bet placed on an eligible market from 08:00 Wednesday 5 October 2016 will qualify for the refund if the England v Malta match on Saturday 8 October ends with Malta scoring a goal against England.
6. Offer applies to bets placed before kick-off of England v Malta at 5pm on Saturday 8 October. Bets placed in-play do not count.
7. Refunds for Online and Mobile customers apply to the first losing bet on each market, up to £/€25 per customer. Subsequent bets on the same market(s) will not count towards the offer.
8. Online, Mobile, and SMS free bet refunds will be credited within 24 hours and are then valid for 7 days.
9. Shop customers can have more than one Free Bet refund per market but the total amount of the Free Bet will not exceed £/€25 per customer per market.
10. In shops, the Free Bet will be issued when the losing receipt is presented at the counter and will be valid for 7 days.
11. The offer is open to Retail and Digital customers betting in £/€, or currency equivalent.
12. For general terms and conditions relating to Free Bet offers – see here.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing