We’re not going to lie, we thought The Professor’s inaugural Week That Was quiz was a pretty testing introduction.
But what else did we expect? It’s been created by someone who could probably reel off the last 10 winners of the French League Cup.
How much attention did you pay to last week’s sporting feast? Here are those all-important answers:
1. What was the combined total of runs scored by England captain Alistair Cook in the 1st Ashes Test?
Answer: 32 runs
2. Name the winning jockey aboard July Cup winner, Muhaarar
Answer: Paul Hanagan
3. Which American golfer tuned up for The Open with victory in its Scottish equivalent yesterday?
Answer: Rickie Fowler
4. Which former world number one tennis player played their part in women’s and mixed double successes at Wimbledon?
Answer: Martina Hingis
5. Crystal Palace made Yohan Cabaye their club record signing last week but how much did they pay Paris Saint-Germain to secure his services?
6. Who’ll start the tenth stage wearing the yellow, green and polka dot jerseys? (one point for each correct answer)
Answers: Chris Froome (yellow), Peter Sagan (green), Daniel Teklehaimanot (polka dot)
7. Which former Everton and MLS star was being linked with the vacant Leicester City manager’s job?
Answer: Predrag ‘Preki’ Radosavljevi
8. Which legendary Indian batsman tweeted his followers asking for a lift having been left stranded in the Oxfordshire village of Great Haseley?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.