Chris Froome won the Tour de France for a second-time, Lewis Hamilton was ‘all over the place’ in Hungary and Arsenal fans heralded a potential star in the making following their fourth Emirates Cup victory.
Those were just some of the highlights from another gripping week of sport.
But how closely have you been following all the action?
Our bearded calculator doesn’t miss a beat and he’s back to test your knowledge and get that brain in to gear.
Take on The Professor’s Week That Was quiz and find out how much you’ve absorbed.
There are no rules. But if you’re using a search engine, well-known online encyclopedia or any other website to get your answers then you’re only cheating yourself.
There’s 10 points up for grabs in total. Go!
1. Which former Leicester and Wigan striker bagged a brace for new club Rangers in their 6-2 stuffing of Hibernian in the first round of the Petrofac Training Cup?
Bad day at the office for Hamilton
2. Prior to this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix, when was the last time Lewis Hamilton failed to make it on to the podium?
(Another) Le Tour teaser
3. Chris Froome secured an historic second Tour de France victory. But how many riders started the three-week marathon on July 4?
A. 98 B. 158 C. 198
4. How many CONCACAF Gold Cup titles have Mexico won following their 3-1 win over Jamaica in last night’s final?
5. Which French defender scored a sensational acrobatic volley to send AC Milan on their way to victory over city rivals Inter in the International Champions Cup?
6. Which Super League side ensured they finished the regular season at the top of the table following a 36-22 success over the Catalan Dragons?
Has another Arsenal gem landed?
7. Name the 17-year-old French midfielder who’s got the red half of north London excited following his debut for Arsenal against Wolfsburg in the Emirates Cup?
All Blacks fight back
8. Which New Zealand rugby star scored a pivotal late try to put the All Blacks on their way to a 27-20 win over South Africa in the Rugby Championship?
Facing up to the Auld enemy
9. England and Scotland were drawn together in Group F of World Cup 2018 qualifying. What was the score the last time the two sides met in November 2014?
A new record
10. Name the athlete who became the first British female to dip under the 11-second mark to win her 100m heat at the Anniversary Games in London
Click here for the answers.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.