If Chelsea are going to win this season’s Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur are certainly having a good go at making them wait for it.
The White Hart Lane outfit have won six games on the spin, producing some scintillating football along the way.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side open this weekend’s action by hosting Bournemouth, and everything suggests Spurs will make it seven victories on the bounce.
Spurs are even odds-on on the -1 handicap at 4/6, having hit 19 goals in their last six.
And with Harry Kane now fully fit once again, Bournemouth’s defence could be in in for a busy afternoon.
They held Spurs to a 0-0 draw in the reverse clash, but conceded eight times against them last season and plenty will fancy a home win -2 at 13/8.
And given that the Cherries also possess the third-worst defence in the league, -3 shouldn’t be ignored at 4/1.
And with Tottenham leading at the interval in five of their last six home league games, backing the hosts in the Half-Time/Full-Time market looks good too at 6/4.
Kane scored five times in last season’s meetings with the Cherries, but it remains to be seen if Pochettino fires the striker into the starting line-up.
With Spurs seemingly thriving without the England international and with an Emirates FA Cup semi-final to on the horizon as well, there’s every reason for the Tottenham boss to keep his number 10 on the bench for now.
With that in mind, it may be worth swerving Kane to bag the opener at 12/5, and look elsewhere.
Dele Alli has five goals in his last six games, and is 7/2 to score the opening goal for the second week in succession.
But with four goals in his last three, Heung-Min Son is arguably Spurs’ hottest marksman right now, and is also a 7/2 shot to break the deadlock.
Plus – Are you having a bet on Saturday’s big lunch-time clash?
Bet £20 In-Play on Tottenham v Bournemouth and get a free £10 In-Play Bet on West Brom v Liverpool (KO 13:30 Sunday)!*
Terms and Conditions
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Tottenham v Bournemouth (KO 12:30) on Saturday 15th April at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free in-play bet of £/€10 to redeem on West Brom v Liverpool (13:30).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Tottenham v Bournemouth which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of West Brom v Liverpool.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on West Brom v Liverpool on Sunday 16th April.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing