Manchester is ready and so is The Professor ahead of a derby day spectacular between United and City.
The bearded calculator thrives on the big stage and he’s not fazed by last week’s defeat to our plucky challenger from Stoke.
Red Devils fan @dipeshp is the latest opponent to step forward and take on the Prof.
Will he secure the bragging rights and walk away a winner?
Or will our man restore his pride and put yet another wannabe tipster to the sword?
Here’s how things are shaping up this season:
So, work to do for The Professor but he’s still feeling confident.
In terms of this week, both parties are deploying some pretty interesting tactics with City being tipped to strike first.
As ever our contestant been given a £25 FREE BET to use as he wishes ahead of the big game.
And in terms of the competition’s format, it’s pretty simple.
For each correct pick, the entrant will be awarded the odds paid out on that selection.
For example, a correct 20/1 selection will reward 20 points. There will be no penalty for an incorrect selection.
Let’s see what they’ve gone for…
But what’s the Prof’s thinking behind it all? Well, he told us…
– Only one of the last 24 Manchester derbies has ended in a draw.
– United have scored two or more goals in five of their last six home games, while City have averaged 2.8 goals in their last five Premier League games.
– City have taken the lead in eight of their last nine games (as well as the last five derbies). Kevin De Bruyne has now scored five goals in his last seven games for the Sky Blues.
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– Scores will be settled based on the pre-match odds given directly before kick-off of the stated game.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets