The Premier League’s top two sides meet this weekend in a match that will certainly have a say in who wins this year’s title.
But in this most unusual of all seasons, it’s Leicester City who head to Manchester City as the league leaders, holding a three point gap, and both the Professor and our new challenger fancy this to be a closely-fought encounter.
The honour to take on the bearded genius this week falls to @rohanl98, but before we get down to business for predictions ahead of the table-topping battle, let’s look at the latest standings on our Take on the Professor Leaderboard…
As ever our contestant has been given a £25 FREE BET to use as he wishes ahead of the big game.
And in case you can’t remember, here’s how it all works…
For each correct pick, the entrant will be awarded the odds paid out on that selection.
For example, a correct 20/1 selection will reward 20 points. There will be no penalty for an incorrect selection.
So here’s what the Prof and his latest bold opponent fancy to happen at the Etihad this Saturday…
There’s always endless logic behind the Prof’s predictions and here’s what he’s got to say about this weekend’s picks…
Everyone expects Man City to win this game, burst the Foxes’ bubble and then go on to land the Premier League title. However, it’s worth nothing that City have only won three of the previous seven meetings with the other four ending all-square.
For all the talk of City’s defensive woes they certainly seem to have tightened up recently. Manuel Pellegrini’s side have only conceded three times in their last seven league games while Leicester have only let in two goals during the same period. Therefore, a low-scoring draw is the pick.
City have been fairly quick out of the blocks recently with four of their last seven Premier League goals coming before the break. And there’s only man you’d put your house on to open the scoring.
How do you think they’ll get on? Join in the conversation via @Ladbrokes!
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– Scores will be settled based on the pre-match odds given directly before kick-off of the stated game.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.