The champions-elect take on the title holders this weekend and it’s fair to say that this edition of our tantalising tipping competition is an Arsenal love-in.
The Gunners host Chelsea at the Emirates on Sunday and both The Professor and our latest participant are pretty confident they’ll take all three points.
However, that’s as far as our pair’s affinity will stretch with the bearded calculator eager to assert himself once again.
We’ve roped in @c_bright123 to take on The Prof. Here’s a reminder of how past opponents have fared this season…
As ever our contestant been given a £25 FREE BET to use as he wishes ahead of the big game.
And in terms of the competition’s format, it’s pretty simple.
For each correct pick, the entrant will be awarded the odds paid out on that selection.
For example, a correct 20/1 selection will reward 20 points. There will be no penalty for an incorrect selection.
This is how our predictors are calling the big match…
As always, our man thinks he’s got it sussed. And this is why:
Admittedly, Chelsea have a fantastic recent record against the Gunners. Having said that, Arsene Wenger’s side have been incredibly consistent on home turf. In their last 47 Premier League home games they’ve come out on top 32 times since the opening day of the 2013/14 season. You could expand that trend but suffice to say, Arsenal are very good at the Emirates.
Barring a few anomalies, recent encounters have been low-scoring. In fact, only three of their previous 10 meetings in all competitions have featured over 2.5 goals.
September’s previous meeting at Stamford Bridge was feisty with two Arsenal players receiving their marching orders. Three Gunners have seen red in pair’s last four PL meetings while Chelsea have received three reds this season and the Blues could boil over again when the hosts get on top.
How do you think they’ll get on? Join in the conversation via @Ladbrokes!
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– Scores will be settled based on the pre-match odds given directly before kick-off of the stated game.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.