It didn’t take The Professor long to get back into his stride with the bearded genius winning on his seasonal debut.
It was close. Our man grabbed 10.5 points while Typical City blogger Alex Timperley collected 10.1 points in our new Premier League challenge.
And now it’s the turn of diehard Everton fan and Liverpool Echo tipster Tony Scott to have a go.
Tony’s been given a £25 FREE BET to use with the Toffees’ upcoming clash against a rampant Manchester City side the focus of this week’s competition.
The Prof did well banking on City last week and he’s hoping for more of the same:
The format is simple.
For each correct pick, the entrant will be awarded the odds paid out on that selection.
For example, a correct 20/1 selection will reward 20 points. There will be no penalty for an incorrect selection.
Let’s see what they’re tipping up…
When you’re called The Professor you’d better be pretty smart. Thankfully, our very own brainbox has it all worked out:
– Everton have only failed to score in two of their last 12 Premier League games and they’re looking good to get on the scoresheet at least. But with only one win in six against Man City and the visitors rampant, there’s only one winner.
– Everton have only opened the scoring once in their last six games while City have done so in each of their last nine. Sergio Aguero has put the Sky Blues ahead in five of those matches, six if you’re not counting James Collins’ own goal for West Ham back in April…
– City/City has been the result in the Half-Time/Full-Time market in three of the pair’s last four encounters. It’s also happened in each of the Citizens’ previous eight games.
– Given the score prediction and other statistics it’s difficult to look much further than over 2.5 goals. Only twice in the last 22 meetings have there been more than three goals.
– Steven Pienaar saw red in 2013 while both Kolo Toure and Victor Anichebe were given their marching orders in 2010. But with only one red card shown in last 27 Premier League games involving Man City – and Everton staying pretty clean since turn of the year – don’t anticipate too much mayhem at Goodison Park.
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– Scores will be settled based on the pre-match odds given directly before kick-off of the stated game.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.