The title to this week’s entry tells you pretty much everything you need to know about our tipping supremo’s core beliefs.
In the Professor’s world any plucky upstart can land a jammy acca or get lucky with an inexplicable cup upset.
Hats off to the believers and those who rely on gut instinct to pick out those unlikely long-shots (can you see where we’re going with this?).
But real skill lies in consistency and that’s where The Professor’s talents come to the fore.
Having got back on the wagon to secure a resounding 11-6 last week our hairy statto isn’t about to stop there.
There’s now a £50 FREE BET up for grabs and @TomBrown1986 is the challenger in the firing line.
As a Sports Journalism graduate and Social Media manager for a major taxi firm he looks like a worthy opponent.
As usual, the format is simple. One point will be awarded for a correct result with three points for guessing the correct score.
And just for good reason here’s some of the maths behind The Prof’s calculations:
– Everton haven’t conceded in their last four home games and look value to secure a narrow victory over struggling Sunderland. The Black Cats have failed to score in three of their last five on the road and look likely to come unstuck at Goodison.
– Aston Villa have scored two or more goals in seven of their last 10 home games in all competitions. It’s perhaps generous to give West Ham a goal but given the hosts have also been fairly leaky at the back it’s not unreasonable to think Sam Allardyce’s side will poach a consolation.
– Burnley have lost their last four games by a 1-0 scoreline and it’s difficult to anticipate a flurry of goals at the KC Stadium. In fact the Clarets have failed to score in their previous six outings and are prime candidates to be sucker-punched once again.
Here are the key Terms and Conditions. For full T&Cs please click here.
1. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
2. One winning participant, selected at random, will be contacted via Twitter and asked to submit their predictions for the upcoming round of selected games.
3. Prospective contestants will be chosen well in advance of the upcoming round of games. The Ladbrokes News team will need to receive contestants’ predictions by 10am at the latest the day before the first game of that round is due to take place. Otherwise, Ladbrokes reserves the right to select a new participant.
4. The Ladbrokes News team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance of the first game due to take place that weekend.
5. There will be a total of one point awarded for each correct result and a bonus two points will be awarded if you successfully predict a correct score.
6. In the event of a draw, once all games have been played, you will be asked a relevant tie-breaker question, chosen at the News team’s discretion. If you answer the tie-break question correctly, you win; if you answer incorrectly, the Ladbrokes News Team wins and the prize will rollover.
7. Free bet token will be valid for 7 days.
8. Free bet token value will be £/€25 (or currency equivalent), unless the prize rolls over.
9. In the event that the News Team are declared the winner, the prize fund will rollover in increments of £/€25 for each week/round of games.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets!